That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

1 minute ago, baumer said:

With a run time being this long it also shows that the studio has incredible confidence in the movie. The actual novel is around 1,100 pages so it totally makes sense that the two chapters are basically about five hours long. I'm really excited to see it.

Yeah I'm not getting the concerns about it being a longer movie. Plenty of genres have had longer movies and no one's complained. The only time anyone complains is if the movie is bad, but that's an obvious problem 😛

• Like 2

5 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

wow, that is long, very uncommon to see horror movie is this long 

That is long for a horror movie. Not unheard of though - there's a film currently in cinemas called MIDSOMMAR that's very long, and even has an extended cut coming out. Go check that out.

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I'm worried with it's BO potential now. People aren't used to long Horror movies, and it isn't an EG situation where the fanbase is big enough to support the movie despite the long duration.

I think that It's fanbase, relative to it's genre, is astronomical.

It's the #1 grossing R-rated horror film of all time, by a considerable margin.

An extra 30 minutes of movie will not dissuade people. In fact, it is more likely to do the opposite.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

That is long for a horror movie. Not unheard of though - there's a film currently in cinemas called MIDSOMMAR that's very long, and even has an extended cut coming out. Go check that out.

Midsommar is like 18 minutes shorter than this though. I can't think of any horror film of this decade that even hit 160 minutes let alone 165. Even the Suspiria remake is 152 minutes long

8 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Midsommar is like 18 minutes shorter than this though. I can't think of any horror film of this decade that even hit 160 minutes let alone 165. Even the Suspiria remake is 152 minutes long

There hasn't been a horror movie doing 700 million WW at the Boxoffice either before. This movie is an Event Horror movie and conclusion to a monster hit.

• Like 1

That last trailer made this film more than just a direct sequel to the highest grossing horror film, it made it into an event. Wouldn’t be surprised if it beats the original on its OW record and WW total. 

Edited by JGAR4LIFE
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Davidwested said:

There hasn't been a horror movie doing 700 million WW

IT has made more money on box office than WB's superhero attempts and Harry Potter spin offs and cost a quarter to produce. Probably one of the most profitable movie for them barring Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Avatree said:

A24's offerings rarely got the chance to have a release in my country. Ladybird is the only movie after its Oscar nomination  

11 hours ago, The Futurist said:

No cute kids.

No hook anymore.

This will devrease hard.

What in the hell. The kids are there and who the hell watches for kids unless you are a pedo:gold: and no hook ? This is the definitive conclusion to those "cute kids" story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Davidwested said:

What in the hell. The kids are there and who the hell watches for kids unless you are a pedo:gold: and no hook ? This is the definitive conclusion to those "cute kids" story.

Uh, he's referring to the Stranger Things effect.

I just love how everyone pretended the sex scene from the book was cut in the first movie.

It was there.

But it makes people squirm so no one talked about it.

I am even surprised it was there in puritania america.

Edited by The Futurist

27 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I just love how everyone pretended the sex scene from the book was cut in the first movie.

It was there.

But it makes people squirm so no one talked about it.

I am even surprised it was there in puritania america.

WTF are you talking about?  It was cut and for good reason.

• Like 5

Since hearing the news about the runtime, I've rewatched the final trailer probably a dozen times. It is really fucking good, especially Skarsgard's deliver of "I've missed you!" gives me chills. 

I dunno yet if this will match the first, but I'm hoping we get the first R-rated $150M opener here. Horror films this summer have all underperformed, so I feel like there's a lot of potential demand. Anyone know when tickets are going on sale?

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Since hearing the news about the runtime, I've rewatched the final trailer probably a dozen times. It is really fucking good, especially Skarsgard's deliver of "I've missed you!" gives me chills. 

I dunno yet if this will match the first, but I'm hoping we get the first R-rated $150M opener here. Horror films this summer have all underperformed, so I feel like there's a lot of potential demand. Anyone know when tickets are going on sale?

I want this to make a Billion and become the first horror and R film to do so. 

• Astonished 1