That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

2 hours ago, TMP said:

So am I a Disney hater or a WB hater? Since I've been called both in the last few days

Thats why i chose my words carefully.

You just seem negative in general and sometimes more so with WB movies, as WB movies don't really set themselves up for a lot of support from people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

OW is reportedly tracking at 95-115m.  If it opens at $95m a $220m total with a 2.315 multi would be fine for a horror sequel.  Halloween just had a 2.09 multi.  US an original 2.46

My guess is it opens north of 125.

7 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It’s still going to be very profitable for WB given the budget probably hasn’t increased hugely.

If I had to guess, I'd say the budget is going to be about 20-30 million higher.  They got some good name actors plus the director might get a bigger back end.  But still, it's going to be very profitable for sure.

34 minutes ago, baumer said:

If I had to guess, I'd say the budget is going to be about 20-30 million higher.  They got some good name actors plus the director might get a bigger back end.  But still, it's going to be very profitable for sure.

I was thinking $60-75m which is high for horror but a drop in the ocean compared to most tentpoles. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I was thinking $60-75m which is high for horror but a drop in the ocean compared to most tentpoles. 

True.  But after the first one did 700+ million, I'm sure they had no problem increasing the budget a bit...even doubling it is not a big deal.  

Same, that trailer is so incredible. They are showing more and more in TV spots now, seems like every day a new one drops. I think embargo lifts on Tuesday, hopefully the reviews are good, it sucks how much RT influences box office these days and how this is apparently too long for critics but new Tarantino was fine 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JB33 said:

Hoping for a bigger opening weekend, even if worse legs, to sort of cement the event status. 

Hmm. Considering IT is the only horror film to open over $80m, never mind $100, 110, 120m, this will be an event for the genre regardless. :) 

• Like 1

Shazam and Pika were successes for WB. Despite their not meeting expectations they did very well. Dom and OS-China compared to prod budget were strong for both especially Shazam.

Annabelle3 is a big success even if under it's predecessor.

La Llorona did great https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=untitlednewline.htm

Lego2 greatly under-performed but at least crossed it's prod budget dom.

KOTM...well that one's upsetting.

44 minutes ago, a2k said:

Shazam and Pika were successes for WB. Despite their not meeting expectations they did very well. Dom and OS-China compared to prod budget were strong for both especially Shazam.

Annabelle3 is a big success even if under it's predecessor.

La Llorona did great https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=untitlednewline.htm

Lego2 greatly under-performed but at least crossed it's prod budget dom.

KOTM...well that one's upsetting.

Pretty sad that KOTM had not made more than it did. I love all the monsters in it.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 5:25 AM, Krissykins said:

Hmm. Considering IT is the only horror film to open over $80m, never mind $100, 110, 120m, this will be an event for the genre regardless. :) 

Fair enough! That's true.