That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

9 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

LMFAO at people already burying this movie based on some reacitions, people didn't learn a thing with Hobbs & Shaw.

People don’t seem to be trying to bury this film. They just seem to be tempering their expectations for the movie’s box office numbers. 

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

People don’t seem to be trying to bury this film. They just seem to be tempering their expectations for the movie’s box office numbers. 

Before the reactions came in, peole here were sure it wouldn't drop hard and now they're talking about IT2 missing $200m and going below $500m WW based on some reactions that are not even bad, this is beyond ridiculous.

• Like 6

Some people here are getting waaaaay too reactionary. Perhaps a byproduct of getting burned with too high expectations in the past. 

I know it's hard, but let's just wait until September 6, shall we?

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Some people here are getting waaaaay too reactionary. Perhaps a byproduct of getting burned with too high expectations in the past. 

I know it's hard, but let's just wait until September 6, shall we?

Considering the underwhelming performances of so many of the movies this year, I can’t say I blame people for the pessimism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Down to 80/100 on Critics' Choice, which isn't a big drop considering I'm sure far more critics have put in their scores now after the premiere.

EDIT: the first one ended with an 82, btw.

Edited by Lucas

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

Down to 80/100 on Critics' Choice, which isn't a big drop considering I'm sure far more critics have put in their scores now after the premiere.

EDIT: the first one ended with an 82, btw.

I don't really trust that site after it had Dark Phoenix on 75 for the longest time.

18 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I don't really trust that site after it had Dark Phoenix on 75 for the longest time.

Do you trust its current 62/100? Or do you also not trust all of Rottentomatoes anymore after Blair Witch was really fresh for well over a month before collapsing into the 30s?

I don't doubt that this'll be big, but I really don't see it coming close to the first IT at this point. That film was EVERYWHERE throughout August 2017; online discussions, social media, TV and web advertising. You couldn't get away from it. This one on the other hand seems a bit more tempered. Big, but not as big.

Gonna go with 95/250 at this point.