That One Guy

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | Jessica Chastain CONFIRMED to star | Also Bill Hader and James McAvoy are in it too

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

WB if you are listening, Hader for best supporting, please campaign him!

57 reviews and at least 35 call him a standout! Yes, I am counting lol

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

I love Barry more than any other show running right now, but lmfao

Im sure they have enough money for both him and Phoenix, so don't worry lol

29 minutes ago, harlequinade said:

57 reviews and at least 35 call him a standout! Yes, I am counting lol

:bravo:

6.7 average rating doesn't bode well for this holding up in the 80's.

29 minutes ago, AndyK said:

6.7 average rating doesn't bode well for this holding up in the 80's.

Crawl and Scary Stories are in the 80s with a 6.something average.

As someone who's not really into horror, IT hit just the right note for me.  It had some scares, but nothing that was too scary.   

Edited by DAR

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Crawl and Scary Stories are in the 80s with a 6.something average.

A few movies having done it doesn't exactly make it likely compared to how many that have not.

Yeah it's gonna pull it off, it'll be certified fresh.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah it's gonna pull it off, it'll be certified fresh.

77-81% looks like a likely range, unless there's a barrage of rottens that come at some point

the avg rating is better than what I expected so I don't see it dipping to the 60s 

Supporting Actor is actually unusually stacked this year due to so many category frauds, so a Hader campaign would truly be a waste of money. 

6 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Reviews are good enough to have no impact whatsoever.  IF this was like 31% on RT or something maybe it'd have a slight impact but even then it was going to have a huge OW.  

I didn't expect this to be as highly rated by the critics because "children > adults" .....  they might not be wrong there..  

Oh, the consensus is that the parts of the novel with the grown up Losers are not as good as the parts dealing with Losers as kids.

The "adults" section was always the worst part about the miniseries so I'm not surprised the reviews for this aren't nearly as glowing as they were for the first one. Still very much looking forward to seeing this though.

Also, this isn't getting any Oscar nominations, like its predecessor.

Edited by filmlover

I was expecting the reviews to be much worse given the impressions of social media, horror movies tend to get ravaged by critics so IT having decent scores is impressive. 

I was still going to see this no matter what the score said. Still, it's good to know that while there is a drop off in the score compared to its predecessor, critics aren't outright saying that it sucks.

But I don't watch horror films to get scared. I watch them to be entertained. I expect that much from this.

79% with 77 reviews this morning. 

Does it go certified at 80 reviews? 

I liked this better than the first one.I thought that it would suffer by not having the kid cast but somewhere along the way I realised that I cared for the characters and their story and not who plays them.Plus,personally, i can't recall the last time i saw a horror film that is also an "event film".You can feel the stakes.All the tention from the first and the tention that this one build on its first two acts...all come together in a terrific,hair-raising third act that more than delivers on its promises.The film,  unlike the first one, was actually scary.Hader was indeed the MPV (not even close) but the entire cast does a solid job.And all the elements that made first one a success are also presented here.So...yeah...the film was a huge win for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I liked this better than the first one.I thought that it would suffer by not having the kid cast but somewhere along the way I realised that I cared for the characters and their story and not who plays them.Plus,personally, i can't recall the last time i saw a horror film that is also an "event film".You can feel the stakes.All the tention from the first and the tention that this one build on its first two acts...all come together in a terrific,hair-raising third act that more than delivers on its promises.The film,  unlike the first one, was actually scary.Hader was indeed the MPV (not even close) but the entire cast does a solid job.And all the elements that made first one a success are also presented here.So...yeah...the film was a huge win for me.

Awesome!

Counting down the hours at this point. Seeing it on Saturday night!