That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

9 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I'm interested in reading the book but it seems long. How much filler is there?

Don't be intimidated by a big, long book. Just try reading it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Not as good as the first one but much scarier. Would that mean WoM will be better or worse than the first film? Because sure the film might not be good as the first one but people might still like it a lot if it is scarier.

Good horror movie doesn't mean it has to be very scary. Plot also matters. Both IT and Haunting of the Hill House are great example of that. 

12 minutes ago, GrandierHorror said:

Good horror movie doesn't mean it has to be very scary. Plot also matters. Both IT and Haunting of the Hill House are great example of that. 

Sure, that's true if the movie is quite shit but Anon is saying it is pretty good, just not as good as the first It. I'm asking if better scares will compensate for the small decrease in quality.

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Sure, that's true if the movie is quite shit but Anon is saying it is pretty good, just not as good as the first It. I'm asking if better scares will compensate for the small decrease in quality.

I have read some plot points from the book and I can tell this adult story is not that compelling like teenage one. Hope they have made some significant changes. 

The adult story is compelling. I'm not sure what part of the adult story you guys are focusing on but in the book they are interspersed together. I'm not going to get into spoiler territory but there's a lot of stuff that happens to the adults sort of at the beginning of the story that is really messed up really scary and really adult-themed. So you can't just go by what One reviewer says of the movie. There's a lot of twists and turns that happen in the book and I'm not worried about this movie at all.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

James McAvoy apparently not being great in this is really surprising. He's the best actor in that cast outside of maybe Bill Hader.

So you read one tweet from one person and that's what you go on?  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TMP said:

I did say "apparently". Even in bad movies he's at the very least pretty good.

I know you said apparently but you are going off one review from some guy I've never heard of.  This is what's wrong with the internet....one person can Put something into your head.....ONE.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

I know you said apparently but you are going off one review from some guy I've never heard of.  This is what's wrong with the internet....one person can Put something into your head.....ONE.

While I agree with you. This one person @ViewerAnon is very reliable and his opinion about movies have been mostly right. 

Just now, GrandierHorror said:

While I agree with you. This one person @ViewerAnon is very reliable and his opinion about movies have been mostly right. 

His opinion is not reliable.  It's his opinion.  Not yours or mine.  It's his.  And whether he is Roger Ebert or Harry Knowles or anyone else, it's still just one opinion.  I personally don't see how McAvoy is going to be bad.  Adult Bill is one of the leads of the film and I've personally never seen McAvoy give a bad performance.

• Like 1