grim22

Labor Day Weekend Thread: The Death of Box Office | Posting or Discussing Any Weekend Numbers = Banned | Pokémon or True Detective gifs Are Allowed

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP predictions http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-jigsaw-suburbicon-thank-service/

mother!: 10.5/36 (0/+33%)

American Assassin will be in 2,900 theaters and mother! in 2,800

They still insist with that low mother prediction :ph34r:   the hype will grow as the release approaches/ the controvery will only help the OW. I say a 20M OW is a minimum i can see

• Like 2

Just now, Barnack said:

Are those theater count prediction made by people just guessing like they do for the box office, or their is more to that to those numbers ?

BOP is reliable when it comes to TCs; a lot can change in two weeks though (IE It was originally going to be in 3,600 theaters but WB bumped it to 4k)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Runtimes without credits and attachments for next weekend:

IT: 2:09. Attachments include at least The Nun.

Home Again: 1:32. Attachments are Marshall and Duck Duck Goose.

The Nun?? Isn't that insanely early for a teaser? For a horror movie, no less? We're just under a year away from that.

Just now, JB33 said:

The Nun?? Isn't that insanely early for a teaser? For a horror movie, no less? We're just under a year away from that.

I think Annabelle: Creation's marketing started about this time last year (albeit back when it was set to open in May). These Conjuring universe movies start their promotion early.

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I already hope Fury Road comes back on the big screen sooner rather than later. I mean I'd happily go rewatch it in IMAX once every few months if I could. 

Got to witness Black and Chrome edition in IMAX a few months ago, that was cool

• Like 2

Just now, That Tulip Guy said:

OH SHIT, a theater near me is showing The Big Lebowski this Sunday at 10 AM.  Might end up going to that.

edit: They're also showing Smokey and the Bandit and Texas Chain Saw Massacre soon

Fuck, there's a whole entire list of them and they do this often.  How the fuck have I not known about this?

-Rear Window

-You Only Live Twice

-Days of Heaven

-Monterey Pop

-Terminator 2

-Wolf Guy

-Night of the Living Dead

-Buena Vista Social Club

-Saturday Night Fever

-The Dragon Lives Again

-Heat

-Simpsons Movie

-Godfather

-Babe

• Like 3

The interesting thing about mother! is that it'll get people thinking. It's a very sickening, disturbing, and violent film, so if someone walks out not liking the film because of how fucked up it is, that will only generate curiosity to more people. The film isn't said to be slow at all, so this won't suffer from The Witch/ICAN curse.  

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think Annabelle: Creation's marketing started about this time last year (albeit back when it was set to open in May). These Conjuring universe movies start their promotion early.

Oh right, I do remember that "announcement teaser" for ANNABELLE: CREATION last summer. 

Okay, cool then. I'm down with another one of those for THE NUN. 

• Like 1