WrathOfHan

Lady Bird | Wide on November 24 | Now at 99% on RT #CRUMBLING

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

http://deadline.com/2017/09/lady-bird-greta-gerwig-release-date-november-1202175334/

It now opens a week earlier in limited with a Nov. 3 release date. It'll expand wide on Thanksgiving.

Much better. It made no sense to go wide a week/week and a half after opening in NY/LA.

Dammit, Gerwig! Throw decency out of the window like Bigelow and milk the "woman director" narrative! It's a perfect timing cause Jenkins created a lot of buzz for female directors (but has zero chance of happening as the best director) and Bigelow is not gonna happen with her movie tanking on all levels.

35 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I have a feeling that it is going to be The Edge of Seventeen of this year. A great movie, directed by a woman, with a great actress as lead, praised by critics, that end being ignored by both audiences and Awards. 

I hope that Saoirse will score at least a GG nomination like Hailee. 

Yeah, I'm afraid of that too especially since Saoirse has an uphill battle for a nom considering she isn't big on campaigning and campaigning is everything. Plus, in her age group, Robbie is coming on really strong. I'd love to see both nominated but I have a feeling they won't let 2 under 30. 

• Sad 1

Loving to see these raves, but I’m still not sure about another nomination for Saoirse, she’ll have to defeat not only Margot (that will probably campaign like crazy to get that first nomination) but also Dench that has a good Box Office on her side. This movie needs to at least do decent to get her some exposure, otherwise, she’ll be lost in the shuffle.

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Loving to see these raves, but I’m still not sure about another nomination for Saoirse, she’ll have to defeat not only Margot (that will probably campaign like crazy to get that first nomination) but also Dench that has a good Box Office on her side. This movie needs to at least do decent to get her some exposure, otherwise, she’ll be lost in the shuffle.

It'll be going at least semi-wide on Thanksgiving weekend. Should take advantage of being one of the more adult-friendly titles on the market in wide release aside from Murder on the Orient Express.

• Like 1