baumer

Top 25 films of 1997 (Countdown will begin Sunday Nov. 26th at Noon EST 9AM PST)

3 hours ago, Tower said:

Everyone that sent lists so far:

1. Slambros
  2. Lonepirate
  3. MrGamer
  4. Viceversa
  5. ban768
  6. Daxtreme
  7. TalismanRing
  8. chasmni
  9. tonytr87
  10. Tele
  11. Blankments
  12. Tower
  13. Angst Essen
  14. That One Guy
  15. CoolioD1
  16. Goffe
  17. Ethan Hunt
  18. Jake Gittes
  19. Empire

If you sent a list and your'e not here PM me.

I thought I sent it to you but as it turns out I only sent it to @Christmas baumer. Fixed it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish I could have finished my 1997 movie catalogue on pages 3 and 4, but that is life.  Anyways, next time I think I am just going to construct a physical binder ahead of time so maybe I can show it finished.  The whole 'what year is it truely from' thing really screwed with my sleep for a few days.  LOL.  I hope Spice World makes the list.

1) Goodwill Hunting 

2) Boogie Nights

3) Titanic 

4) LA Confidential   

5) The Lost world: Jurassic Park

6) Face/Off

7) The Game

8) Starship Troopers

9) Donnie Brasco 

10) Austin Powers

11) MIB

12) Vegas Vacation (family reasons)

13) Gattaca

14) Grosse Pointe Blank

15) Jackie Brown

16) Private Parts

17) Con Air

18) Event Horizon 

19) Good Burger

20) Cube

21) The Relic 

22) Selena

23) Chasing Amy

24) Scream 2

25) Anaconda

• Like 2

Thanks for everyone who submitted a list.  Much appreciated.  I don't have the final numbers yet but I think we have around 25 lists.

Tower is putting together the data and once he has it all put together, I will jump feet first into presentation.  The best days for me to do it are on a Sunday as it is my only day off.  I'm not sure if we will get the whole thing done in one shot, but it will be started as soon as possible.

Ok, this should be everyone who sent a list:

1. Slambros

2. Lonepirate

3. MrGamer2558

4. Viceversa

5. ban768

6. Daxtreme

7. TalismanRing

8. chasmmi

9. tonytr87

10. Tele

11. Blankments

12. Tower

13. Angst Essen

14. That One Guy

15. CoolioD1

16. Goffe

17. Ethan Hunt

18. Jake Gittes

19. Empire

20. Baumer

21. Filmlover

22. Matrix4You

23. Fancyarcher

24. Jay Hollywood

25. The Stingray

If there is a problem, send me a message.

Assuming this is it, I'm done with the scoring so now it's up to Baumer as to when the reveal happens.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tower is an absolute beast and has all the tabulations done. 

Let me just say that I'm a little disappointed that a few films missed the countdown.

But having said that, it's a good list over all.

The countdown will begin on Sunday November 26th at 9 AM PST.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

whoops forgot to do this

can I submit a 1-movie list consisting of Starship Troopers and nothing else, post-deadline?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's safe to say SST will make an appearance on the list.

Just a bit off topic. Since were in the Award season now, shouldnt someone conduct a best ”best picture”-films poll in which we vote for the best Oscar-for-best-picture films? 

Lets say everyone makes a list of 50 films. 1st place = 100p. 2nd = 50p. 3rd = 33,3p. 4th = 25p. 5th = 20p..... etc. 

has there already been such a poll on BOT?

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Just a bit off topic. Since were in the Award season now, shouldnt someone conduct a best ”best picture”-films poll in which we vote for the best Oscar-for-best-picture films? 

Lets say everyone makes a list of 50 films. 1st place = 100p. 2nd = 50p. 3rd = 33,3p. 4th = 25p. 5th = 20p..... etc. 

has there already been such a poll on BOT?

These lists are time consuming.  Voting on them is one thing but presenting them is another.  So maybe that's why it's not been done yet.

• Like 1

I was sorta away from the forums for a little while and now that I'm back I didn't notice this list here until now. I sorta thought this one was the 1987 we did a while back for some reason, dammit! I really hope In & Out, The Fifth Element, Gattaca, As Good as It Gets and Face/Off are in the final list...

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Matrix4You said:

The Lost World is #11 for me.  Right behind Titanic and ahead of LA Confidential.  I am 70 minutes into Spawn.  I watched it yesterday and got really into it.  It is the director's cut.  I think it would have made my list at #25 tying with The Postman. 

btw...  John Leguizamo deserves an oscar for his effort as Violator in Spawn.  He took his role from The Pest (1997) and put on clown makeup!