baumer

Top 25 films of 1997 (Countdown will begin Sunday Nov. 26th at Noon EST 9AM PST)

Lost Highway was allright.  I liked Gattaca better but both of them would be near the bottom of my top 25 list.  Still solid scores!!!  Maybe if I saw them a long time ago, I would appreciate them more.  I have been overwhelmed by so many preceeding films, it is hard for me to fall in love with Gattaca.  As for Lost Highway, I'd say it is a mix of mother! and Mulholland Drive so definitely see it if you haven't.  It is 1997 official.

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 1

I just have great memories of 1997, to me it was the best year in film of the last 20, maybe the best since 1982. It really was a special year. I think I've participated in this thread before but who cares. From Liar Liar  and the Star Wars Trilogy releases at the start to Jackie Brown and Titanic at the end, it was a great year.

I just looked up the top 30 domestic box office films from 1997, and I saw 25 of them in the theater that year. Went to a lot of films then, LOL.

14 hours ago, filmlover said:

Image result for cringe gif

Not really. But for ‘97. I liked Titanic, MIB, Scream 2, Con Air, Liar Liar, Breakdown, Lost World, Fifth Element, and even Kiss The Girls I liked. Cop Land I need to give another watch. I liked The Jackal as well, with jack black getting his arm blown off(wtf)

• Like 1