Hiccup23

Hiccup's Critical Review

Reviews are one of my favorite parts of CAYOM! Then I will create a Top 25 Best Films of Year 1. 

Grade

giphy.gif - 5/5

tumblr_n4eafwa3xc1qlvwnco1_500.gif - 4/5

tenor.gif - 3/5

giphy.gif - 2/5

giphy.gif- 1/5

giphy.gif - 0/5

I am taking requests! Given my sudden schedule change up, I doubt I can review every single film. Give me a two film request and I will do it! I'll try to review every film though :) 

Edited by Hiccup23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Defiler

The Defiler is far from a quality horror film. While no doubt horror fans will show up to it, they will be disappointed. The film is plagued with mediocre acting and an unoriginal/uninteresting storyline. The film would work better if it was a horror comedy rather than a serious horror film. The film just feels cheesy. The Defiler falls into the trap that many modern day horror films fall into: TRYING TO SET UP A SEQUEL! The film is cheap and the studio knows if the film makes modest numbers it can shit a sequel. So they make a mediocre film with a surprise ending in order to get the sequel. Well please STOP. As a horror fan, the Defiler must go.

giphy.gif

Edited by Hiccup23

He-Man

This is a solid super-hero film. The visuals are solid but have a slightly cheap feeling to them. The script is generic but it doesn't turn me away too much. The acting is good and what you expect from a blockbuster super hero film. This film with no doubt satisfy comic book fans and families alike. The film also moves quickly and avoids becoming bogged down in trying to explain itself. This is greatly appreciated by this movie goer. He-Man is a fresh breath of air in an otherwise dismal April. This film will no doubt find box office success!

tenor.gif

Edited by Hiccup23

Jim's Adversity

I am going to be honest. I am not a fan of baseball films and this film's 2 hour+ running time put me to sleep. I was constantly checking my phone to see when it would be finished. It has fans no doubt out there but I wasn't feeling it. It was generic and dull. Acting was blah and script was as generic as you could get.

giphy.gif

Chrono Trigger

Disclaim: I hate video game films.

But.......

Spoiler

I actually enjoyed this film. It definitely isn't an Oscar film nor does it strive to be. It simply is an entertaining May blockbuster and always you to sit back and enjoy the ride. The acting is good and I enjoyed Ryan Gosling as the lead. He is a great actor and brings his character to life very well. The other actors and actresses are good as well. The visuals are great and the story while occasionally long, is still a fun ride. I would not be opposed to a sequel ;) 

tenor.gif

SOMA

SOMA is way way way better than the other January films. The film is great up until the third act and then is starts to sink. The film's leaders are great and I thought they did a fantastic job, but I for some reason just can't get over the third act. Third acts are the hardest part (on CAYOM and real life) and you can tell the film's creative team struggled with it. Still, SOMA is the film to see in January (see Lake of Psychopaths too ;) ) and will no doubt please its viewers. SOMA boosts solid acting and an interesting premise. Give it a chance and see it.

tenor.gif

Life is Strange

Life is Strange is a terrific film. The cast gives it their all and it shows. The film's plot really pulls you in and you are entertained throughout the 2 hours and 24 minute running time. ChD is a great writer and I loved his film's years back. This film makes me look forward to future film's he writes. Life is Strange is a shining star in Year 1 and I hope it gets the credit is deserves. The film's director (I am too lazy to type is last name) did a fantastic job as well as the script writer(s). The score is icing on the cake and helps the film serve. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a Oscar contender!

giphy.gif

• Like 1