Hiccup23

Hiccup's Critical Review

The Provider

A lot of the film's flaws have been explained in other reviews on here so I a not going to rehash those flaws. The Provider has an intriguing premise but for me it fell flat. The film is a slow burner and almost too much of a slow burner. The ending is good and a relatively well directed third act. Ultimately, the Provider really at its heart is your average October thrill, which audiences will no doubt turn out to see. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Hiccup23
  • Thanks 1

Spark: Rising

It is hard to not compare it to the animated version and I will avoid comparing to it because technically the animated film doesn't exist. The only thing I will say is that the live action version loses the magic and beauty of the animated version.

As for this film, Spark: Rising is a well directed and executed summer sci-fi-fi film. I am a huge fan of space sagas (LOVE Valerian and Star Wars) so I am not surprised I greatly enjoyed this film. The acting was top notch and the score greatly complimented the film. Visual effects were great like for most space films. I really hope this film can get the credit it deserves during the award season. I also hope audiences turn out to see this. I can't wait to explore the universe more in the sequels! In the mean time, multiple viewings will be a must :) 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

The Curse of Monkey Island

This is a entertaining and enjoyable summer blockbuster. I had a fun time watching it! Tom Holland does a fantastic job as the main character and the surrounding cast do a great job as well. The film's visual effects are very good hence the $165M budget and the running time is perfect.

tumblr_n4eafwa3xc1qlvwnco1_500.gif

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

The Hunchback of Notre Dame is brilliantly made and directed. The script is virtually flawless and this interpretation of the classic story is extremely well done. The acting is above average and definitely Oscar worthy. The songs are great and the visual effects boost the film to new heights. This is the best film of the holiday season and a must see for movie goers. It should easily dominate the Christmas season!

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

CATEGORY IS.........

giphy.gif

Best Horror 

Spoiler

SCP Foundation

Best Drama

Spoiler

Life is Strange

Best Sci-Fi

Spoiler