Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

chasmmi

IT - The Movie. ***SPOILER THREAD*** - This is the thread where the film will be spoiled. DO NOT SPOIL THE BOOK! DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO HAVE THE FILM SPOILED

6 hours ago, DAR said:

How about we don't encourage going after pirated material.

Not encouraging but just wanna say this pirated copy isn't gonna hurt the film at all. I LITERALLY just left the theatre and got home and this pirated copy is trash. The language changes mid movie, the audio is out of sync, you can hear audience members talking and coughing and see them getting up and you can't see shit in the dark scenes:gold:

Trust me anyone with a brain would rather see this on the big screen

On 9/9/2017 at 9:16 PM, Valonqar said:

So I watched Mama thanks to Stan's painting and holy shit wow that woman is just scary af! Great movie too!

So IT scary people ranked:

Mama

Eddie's mom/Bev's father

Pennywise

Bev's father was the creepiest thing in the movie. He made my skin crawl. 

On 9/9/2017 at 7:58 PM, angeldelmito said:

the projection room scene when the clown popped out in that dark ass garage was the FUCKING scariest part of the movie JKSDGNDSJGNKJFDSNGJ its mandatory to see that shit with a friend bc WHEW the entire theater was like

like that shit was CHAOTIC gorls nnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I wasn't expecting him to come out of the screen. I haven't seen the mini series since it traumatized me as a child so I forgot alot of the scares. I thought that scene was definitely Pennywise's creepiest.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 8:48 AM, Deja23 said:

Ritchie was awesome! Now I feel like I should watch Stranger Things...at least before season 2 premieres. Hoping it's like It and more creepy than outright scary. 

Stranger Things is amazing.:) You gotta watch it. It's surprisingly creepy.

On 9/8/2017 at 1:55 PM, K1stpierre said:

Oh my god. Look wise it's spot on.

The young actress who played Bev is going to be special I think. She was the biggest highlight of the film for me.

Yeah next to Richie she's the best character in the film. I liked Ben but felt he got short shifted by Bill. I was expecting Ben to 'get the girl'. 

On 9/8/2017 at 3:35 PM, Jake Gittes said:

BTW Pennywise never says "You'll float too" as he's killing Georgie in the opening scene, right? (I don't think they even talk about balloons.) I was sure I didn't hear it, so the line's subsequent appearance, about halfway through, felt kind of random and weightless not being a callback to anything. 

Ive never read the book..I thought the line was a reference to Georgie and Bill talking about the boat floating at the beginning and then I realized the kids themselves are the ones floating down there in the sewer.

I have a few questions about the movie if anyone knows the answers ..

Did Bev kill her father when she hit him with the sink? Is that why she's leaving at the end? You'd think the police would have questions.

Did the kids who were floating go back home? I didn't hear anything about people being happy their kids are back.

Why did it eat Georgie but not Bev? Cause she wasn't afraid?

Why are all the adults weird? Does Pennywise have control of them? Is that why it was able to manipulate Henry cause he was older?

Edited by eddyxx

45 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Yeah next to Richie she's the best character in the film. I liked Ben but felt he got short shifted by Bill. I was expecting Ben to 'get the girl'. 

I bet they'll set it up that Ben loved her more thab Bill, and he'll get her then.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tyrian said:

And secondly - is it possible/conceivable that, with all this attention on IT once again - that Stephen King himself is inspired to create new stories / a new novel etc for future adaptation to film? Whether he just writes a novel, or is inspired to provide more ideas for future IT stories that could be used in future films etc

Do you guys think WB is seeing $$$ and wondering whether they could milk even more out of IT - long term - than just killing their new Cash Cow with Chapter 2?

King has teased a sequel for years - several of his other books imply that Pennywise is still around in the present. I'm surprised he didn't write it for the 27th anniversary of It, but maybe the success of the movie will finally convince him to do it, or at least allow someone else to write an authorized sequel.

• Like 1

The projector scene was terrifying. Plus I seen it on the SuperScreen and it was LOUD.

In the meat factory, basement and abandoned house scenes were all scary IMO. I'm rarely actually scared these days with films so I was really happy. 

10 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Ive never read the book..I thought the line was a reference to Georgie and Bill talking about the boat floating at the beginning and then I realized the kids themselves are the ones floating down there in the sewer.

Did Bev kill her father when she hit him with the sink? Is that why she's leaving at the end? You'd think the police would have questions.

Did the kids who were floating go back home? I didn't hear anything about people being happy their kids are back.

Why are all the adults weird? Does Pennywise have control of them? Is that why it was able to manipulate Henry cause he was older?

Creep of a father bled bucket of blood when Bill found him so he should be dead, but that bathroom is weird, though. It would be that kids saw blood where there wasn't any. It's left ambiguous like Henry's fate (presumed dead but who knows).

Floating kids were dead. They didn't go back home. 

Because he had to lure the Losers in. He needed her as the hostage. However, she didn't die when he revealed his true self (when he opened his mouth and there was light in his thraot or whatever). That only petrified her but didn't kill her because she wasn't afraid. 

The adults are weird because that's the real problem with Derry. Not Pennywise (just a physical manifestation of fears) but that the city is full of terrible people. That's why Pennywise took up residence there so he could feed on so much fear. It isn't he who causes fears but he only feeds off fears caused by others.

At least I see it that way so other posters may have different opinion. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Rorschach said:

No it isn't. The actor's name is Joe Bostick. Although, now you mentioned it, they do look pretty similar don't they?

And maybe that was intentional...

Several questions I need answered since I havent read the book:

- Was the pharmacist (in the book) a paedophile? After watching the film I was wondering whether Bev flirted with him because she knew/suspected he was, maybe based on prior interactions? Or is he just meant to be some creepy dude dont read into it too much etc

- Was Bevs dad (in the book) explicitly stated as sexually abusing or molesting her? Or is it kept merely implied/ambiguous  - like the film?

- What extent of abuse did Henry suffer at home? (film implied he was emotionally abusive for sure, and i read scenes were filmed or planned showing he was physically abusive as well?)

- Is 'Bevs fear', the fear of blood/first period, because the dad was going to see that 'first blood' as a sign she was now a woman and can start abusing her in a more explicit way than previously? (ie maybe he was just touching her before, but now that shes 'a woman', he might want to start doing other things etc etc)

- Are any of the boys implied to be gay in the novel? (Including the bullies, and I think its eddie the miniseries implied might have been?)

Edited by Tyrian

16 hours ago, Darth Homer said:

King has teased a sequel for years - several of his other books imply that Pennywise is still around in the present. I'm surprised he didn't write it for the 27th anniversary of It, but maybe the success of the movie will finally convince him to do it, or at least allow someone else to write an authorized sequel.

King teases sequels that never happen all the time. He has been talking about a "Salem's Lot" sequel for years.

And I ,for one, am glad that King has never allowed "Authroized" sequels to his novels,since things of that type (not written by the original author) are pure grade B or lower hackwork.

18 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Bev Killing her Father is the film's biggest WTF since

Spoiler

that does NOT happen in the novel. Bev is not directly involved in her father's death.

Agreed that is a huge plothole though.

Edited by dudalb

Me and some friends did a podcast about how It did at the Box Office this weekend and we'd love for you guys to check it out! (time stamps in description)

• Thanks 1

Only thing about the movie I disliked was how Mike felt really frivolous over all. He misses all of the character building moments that the other losers get so by the time he joins them he just feels more like someone on the outside then anything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The pharmacist in the book was not a pedophile and he was the one who actually told Eddie that his aspirator was nothing but a placebo.

Bev definitely does not kill her father but it is definitely hinted that he may have raped her as a child although it never comes right out and says that.

Henry and his dad's relationship in the book his much more fleshed-out. His dad is not the sheriff he's just a farmer and he works Henry to the Bone. He also beats Henry constantly for the smallest thing. The reason why Henry was carving the letter H into been at the beginning is because Ben did not let him copy off him in the final exam and Henry was going to fail that class which was going to keep him back in summer school and that would mean he would not be able to help out his dad for the summer with the chores and that caused him to take a severe beating from his father.

There is one scene in the book where one of the boys, I don't think it was Patrick although it could have been belch, but I really forget which one, who ends up giving Henry a b******. Henry ends of smacking the kid so I'm not really sure if they're gay or if at the age of 15 they're just experimenting.

As for the city of Derry having really bad adults so that Pennywise can feed off of them, that's not entirely true. Pennywise The Entity has been around for a very very very long time and that will probably be explained more in the second movie. But it is said that Pennywise is presence is what basically haunts the town and makes the adults be the way they are. I won't get into heavy spoilers but there's definitely a scene at the end of the book that corroborates what I'm saying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

There is one scene in the book where one of the boys, I don't think it was Patrick although it could have been belch, but I really forget which one, who ends up giving Henry a b******. Henry ends of smacking the kid so I'm not really sure if they're gay or if at the age of 15 they're just experimenting.

No, it was Patrick. 

• Like 1