CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

21 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

http://deadline.com/2017/09/stephen-king-it-home-again-box-office-1202163667/

Updated Saturday PM: With a strong hold from Friday to Saturday, Stephen King’s It is looking to pass $120M by the end of its three-day weekend, just as our tracking experts predicted earlier todday. Current estimates have the Andy Muschietti-directed horror film floating around $123.5M right now, down only 8% from last night. Today pulled in around $46.5M after Friday night’s $51M (which included that $13.5M preview).

:what:

Relaterad bild

It's just amazing that literally 48 hours ago a lot of us were debating if $100M was doable or not. I know a lot said it's definitely possible, but there was still some doubt, including from resident IT super-fan baumer! Fast forward 48 hours and we are almost at $100M before Sunday even hits.

To everyone associated with the making of this movie: take a freaking bow. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

It's just amazing that literally 48 hours ago a lot of us were debating if $100M was doable or not. I know a lot said it's definitely possible, but there was still some doubt, including from resident IT super-fan baumer! Fast forward 48 hours and we are almost at $100M before Sunday even hits.

To everyone associated with the making of this movie: take a freaking bow. 

The average on the derby was about $85m...

• Like 1

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

The average on the derby was about $85m...

Which was also pretty close to BOP's prediction on Wednesday. That is to say, it was a reasonable prediction by all. This beast has just blown us all away!

Thinking of seeing it again tomorrow, and not just to help boost the Sunday box office.

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

300M is looking very solid. The only movies that opened above 120M to miss it was DH1 and the Twilight's. I doubt that this will be that frontloaded.

I bet @The Pumpkin Spice Panda is feeling mighty smug right about now.

It's so mind boggling to see a horror film that could perform similar to a superhero movie. I mean IT over Homecoming is a possibility.