CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I'm thrilled that it's doing so well and that King's best novel, imo, is making a killing at the box office.

I know. As a huge fan of the book the reviews and BO seem like a dream. I never expected either to be this good. Plus while I may have had a few disappointments with some changes from the novel I would still place the film as my new favorite horror movie.

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just took a look at how theaters around Central Florida are performing tomorrow.

YIKES.

Pretty much everywhere is closing at 5 or 6, but reserved seating is looking fucking barren.

The few theaters that were open here today had their last shows at 6. The few places that were still open have now boarded up their windows in preparation for when the storm first strikes tomorrow night.

Edited by filmlover

So, IT opening day estimate of  48-49M is maybe enough to beat the September OW of $48,464,322 (Hotel Transylvania 2) and almost enough to beat the OW record for horror of $52,568,183 (Paranormal Activity 3). 🤡

Excellent movie, the casting was perfect. It'll be interesting to see which of those kids might become big in the future.

Edited by Incarnadine
  • Like 1

80-100+mil isn't shocking to me because I knew how beloved the story was and the trailers were great. And dislike it all you want but most people like the miniseries, particularly part one. The miniseries influence on these numbers cannot be stated enough.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

We're not even going to bother to catch it till this coming week sometime. Just gonna be too nutty this weekend.

Honest question. So It is a monster (expected... the question was always just how big). Now does it drop abnormally big next weekend, considering both how big it opened and how front-loaded horror films typically are or, like this opening weekend, does it buck said trend? Regardless it wins the next two weekends.

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

We're not even going to bother to catch it till this coming week sometime. Just gonna be too nutty this weekend.

Honest question. So It is a monster (expected... the question was always just how big). Now does it drop abnormally big next weekend, considering both how big it opened and how front-loaded horror films typically are or, like this opening weekend, does it buck said trend? Regardless it wins the next two weekends.

Depends on how much the areas affected by the storm will make up for the lost business from this weekend. We also need to wait and see how it holds over the rest of this weekend.

4 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I suspect that it will be between the franchise front loaded horror type and a good hold (because of the word of mouth and old people staying away of the craziness of the first weekend)