CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

Nope

I am not talking about across-all-platforms views.

The official, exclusively YT views for these things are:

IT's first teaser - 33 million views since March

LWYMMD - 280 million views since August.

Clearly a TS movie would gross a billion dollars domestic. :D:rofl:

With those views yes, a Taylor Swift movie making less than A New Hope redux would and should be considered a flop

Edited by DlAMONDZ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Fans of horror, is there any other beloved horror property (be it a book, an old film, or even an urban legend) that has the potential to pull an It if done well, marketed well, and cast well?

Just curious about your thoughts.

The Thing is, many horror classics have had several remakes already like Dawn of the Dead (2004), Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) or the endless Friday the 13th reboots. Horror is a bit like the comedy genre in that original movies can really blow up. So if it looks appealing, it doesnt really matter what the subject is. Something like Slender Man (next year) could actually be a decent hit, if its trailers and the marketing is good.

In terms of literature im craving for Lovecraft adaptations, but they would probaly cost too much/be too strange for the GA and even some parts of the horror crowd.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Fans of horror, is there any other beloved horror property (be it a book, an old film, or even an urban legend) that has the potential to pull an It if done well, marketed well, and cast well?

Just curious about your thoughts.

I think the Stand has a loyal following.  And it too had the benefit of a well received TV movie.  And most of the King fans I know personally list The Stand as their favourite book.  So perhaps it could do really well if it was given the right treatment on the silver screen.

• Like 7

Just now, YourMother said:

September may have its first $300M+ movie, his is fucking insane. IT deserves this.

September monthly gross record is 626M from 2015. With IT, Kingsman, Ninjago etc this number will be obliterated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theultimatebiu said:

No nightmare on elm street remake. They fucked it up once....not again.

I cant think of another horror property making this much.

Maybe the stand? Or children of the corn?

I personally don't think CotC is high up there anymore.  They have made about 7 of them that have gone straight to HV.  

I'm sure there are other Dean Koontz and Peter Straub horror novels that would make excellent horror films.  And then you have Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews.  I haven't read all of them but the first book is iconic and very well done.  If they gave it the right treatment, it could do very well, imo.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Also, between The Conjuring franchise, ANOES/Friday The 13th, Final Destination, some other sleeper hits (like Lights Out) and now this, WB/New Line are the absolute Gods of horror.

A new Nightmare On Elm Street reboot might be coming sooner than expected, even after the Jackie Earle Haley/Michael Bay debacle from 2010.

I think the rights to F13th go back to New Line this year, hopefully. They really should quickly capitalise on the success of the game. 

I'd love to see a new Nightmare on Elm Street too. 

• Like 1

Just now, the beast said:

I like it:rofl:

What Are Your Projections For All September Grosses? Individually

IT: $110M/$330M

Ninjago: $45M/$165M

Kingsman: $55M/$160M

American Made: $20M/$70M

mother!: $25M/$65M

5 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I personally don't think CotC is high up there anymore.  They have made about 7 of them that have gone straight to HV.  

I'm sure there are other Dean Koontz and Peter Straub horror novels that would make excellent horror films.  And then you have Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews.  I haven't read all of them but the first book is iconic and very well done.  If they gave it the right treatment, it could do very well, imo.

They have milked it to death.  it might have to just be original horror movies. 

• Like 1