CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

My Kubrick hot take is that Clockwork Orange is obnoxious and hollow and easily my least favorite of his I've seen. I used to love it when I was a teenage misanthrope but watching it recently the strongest thing I felt was a headache. 

I feel the same way. And i respect your "taste" (that you actually see what a movie wants and analyse how It fails/succeeds)  very very much. But clockwork is a bizarre hollow depressed creation without comparison. Executed with perfection. It leaves u with a bad taste. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

THE SHINING IS HIS MOST ACCESSIBLE FILM BUT THIS IS ALSO BECAUSE HORROR IS ONE OF THE MOST ARTISTICALLY LIBERATING GENRES WHERE AUDIENCES ARE MORE WILLING TO ROLL WITH WEIRD SHIT

mother! over 200M confirmed :ohmygod: 

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

I liked The Mist and Stand by Me more than It and Green Mile. Didn't much like The Dead Zone but I know for certain I'm in the minority on that one. And even I would still recommend it just for Walken and Sheen. 

what about the butt demon movie jake.

16 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

My Kubrick hot take is that Clockwork Orange is obnoxious and hollow and easily my least favorite of his I've seen. I used to love it when I was a teenage misanthrope but watching it recently the strongest thing I felt was a headache. 

If we're doing Kubrick hot takes, here's a hot one for ya: 2001 booooooooooooooooores the shit out of me. I have nothing but the utmost respect for it as a filmmaking accomplishment, as the father of sci-fi and as gigantic leap towards technical finesse in mainstream American cinema. But watching it as a movie...... Jesus. It's kinda painful. It's a beautiful looking movie, HAL-9000 is one of the greatest villains ever, it's very thought-provoking and great soundtrack (when you're not annoyed of listening to it loop over and over and over and over and over......... and over....................). Goddamn, it's almost flawless when you think about it. But it flat out doesn't entertain me. Last time I tried to watch it, had to do it in 3 different seatings.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2