CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

2 minutes ago, The Pumpkin Spice Panda said:

I think IT is also benefiting from the fact that audiences are hungry 

This is the first film to really connect with the general public since Spider-Man came out a full 10 weeks ago!

Late summer was a deadzone this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

The Thing remake was tragic. Some movies should not be touched.

Yeah the remake they tried (well, prequel really) really holds nothing at all to the original. And again, the use of cgi was REALLY bad in that one, I mean there were times where I just laughed. And the script just had too many holes in it where the main character would all of a sudden know everything about the creature after studying it for 5 minutes.

Please god nobody do an Alien reboot. As it is this Prometheus ark is trying to kill it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

The most important reasons for IT's success;

1.)IT is a very well known property. Even If you are in the minority and you haven't read the book or watched the mini series it is almost impossible that you haven't heard about the Pennywise's story.

2.)Exceptional marketing. The first trailer was incredible. It got a lot of people who weren't thinking about watching it change their minds or got the interest even higher to those with pre-existing condition.

3.)The release date turned out excellent despite the doubts. If people want to watch a movie they will do so no matter what month it is. Add to that a dead and burried August. The competition in the previous weeks waas just nonexistent. It quickly became the only movie to look at in a long time.

4.)Horror is hot again in 2017. After Split, Get Out and Annabelle, for the first time in a while Hollywood is releasing quality horror movies and the GA is feeling it.

Anything else I am missing?

5. The Stranger Things phenomenon likely contributed to the excitement (one of the kids from the show is also in this movie).

6. That clown craze last year probably helped too (heck, a lot of people thought it actually was an early marketing tactic for this movie!).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

5. The Stranger Things phenomenon likely contributed to the excitement (one of the kids from the show is also in this movie).

6. That clown craze last year probably helped too (heck, a lot of people thought it actually was an early marketing tactic for this movie!).

7. Shay's seal of Doom granted it success.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

Please god nobody do an Alien reboot. As it is this Prometheus ark is trying to kill it.

Was looking forward to the Blomkamp-Weaver Alien. I think that would have gone down better than the Prometheus ark. Sometimes new guys try to be faithful to the existing movies while the pros try to dabble and experiment too much.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

IT breaking all of Deadpool's records only for Deadpool 2 to come and break all of IT's records :ph34r:

Deadpool sequel is bound to be one of those films that goes down from the first one, right?

There's no way it can catch the zeitgeist again, especially not in the middle of summer.

Probably same story for Wonder Woman sequel.

1 minute ago, XO21 said:

Jeez the vitriol aganist mother!, it has a $13m budget...if DOM it makes as much as IT opening day it'd be already great

Stop speaking reality man! You have to be ridiculous and pretend that mother! is a big budget mainstream film when it clearly isn't. 

• Like 1

Just now, kitik said:

Deadpool sequel is bound to be one of those films that goes down from the first one, right?

There's no way it can catch the zeitgeist again, especially not in the middle of summer.

Probably same story for Wonder Woman sequel.

I don't think so. 

There are so many different story lines they can go for. 

And i expect WW 2 to be just as huge is not more so than the first. 

Both films if well made will set the BO on fire again.