CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

25 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yeah sorta. Last night the early numbers were 48-49mil and it did 51mil. Maybe I'll be wrong and it'll do 37-38mil but it feels like one of those movies that will be slightly underestimated until it's run is over.

AMC Bay Plaza in NYC had 31 shows of which 20 show as sold out on AMC app.  1215 and 1245am shows could still sell out and likely.will. The other 9 early shows could have been 1 or 2 seats from selling out for all we know too.  Just crazy.

12 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I was looking at some shit about Friedberg and Seltzer and I came across a forum post where the title of it is "I hope these 2 guys die of anal cancer: Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer" lmaooo.  what do you expect from a forum called "hockey-fights.com"

http://www.hockey-fights.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/511976/post/937128/

"Some Kind of Wonderful  is sort of a chick movie, but it's still very funny and makes you think."

LOL

Because, obviously, "chick movies" cannot possibly be funny and make you think, except for very rare cases, like Some Kind of Wonderful. :D 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Warner Bros needs to revive Animaniacs as a TV series or a sketch movie. 

Spielberg was talking about considering an Animaniacs revival a few months ago. Considering the show was all about current trends, I think a revival could be successful in this day & age.

Speaking of parodies...does anyone remember  that film parody about moses' cousin thinking he's the one being talked to by the burning Bush but he was really around the corner? I used to love that movie as a kid despite my devout Christian mother calling it blasphemy.  I think Richard Pryor played Pharoah? And the main actor was british.

• Like 1

http://www.tracking-board.com/toronto-matt-damon-comes-up-short-in-pair-of-paramount-pics-thanks-to-weak-material/

Downsizing's reactions from TIFF aren't good at all. The Telluride reactions were already a step down from Venice, but the new ones are MUCH more mixed than Telluride. The RT/Meta score is dropping fast too; both are at 79 now (they were in the mid-80s) with the RT average being 6.7/10. Jeff Sneider reported in that article there were a lot of walkouts at the TIFF screening. This can still probably hit 50M thanks to being the only adult alternative over the holidays, but it'll drop fast once Best Picture nominees expand (unless this is a nominee lmao). Matt Damon is not having a good year between this, Suburbicon, and THE GREAT WALL :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

because I'm just gonna see amy adams or chastain and not Beverly Marsh

go with an relative unknown, its not like this IT needs a distracting famous face to make insane coin, bruh

Well they are both great actresses, which is the only thing that matters. 

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Sarah Paulson please. 

No thanks. We've seen this week she can't handle when faced with a clown very well. Joking aside I love her as an actress but I don't see her as Beverly. Especially an adult version of the one seen in IT.

Edited by Rman823