CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

30 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Everyone knows that a sequel is coming that follows them as adults. You'd have to be living under a rock to not. 

I have seen the movie. I was speaking for other people. You are assuming that everyone knows.

3 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Me and @Spaghetti of 1000 Planets just chatted with @Rth TIFF in a bar in downtown Toronto and he said that as of around 6 p.m. Eastern it was tracking at around the same as the Friday number but without the previews so around 37 or 38 million. He also said that he's not sure if the hurricane is going to affect it that much and he also said that the late-night business could increase substantially. But as of right now 38 million is where it was headed before the evening shows.

way before evening wasn't 6, more like 1p lol 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I have seen the movie. I was speaking for other people. You are assuming that everyone knows.

I believe it would be very few people. As I was coming out of the theater different groups were talking about who they wanted to play in the sequel. Even if you haven't read the book or seen the miniseries plenty are familiar enough with the story to know what happens after the end of the movie.

Edited by Rman823

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I believe it would be very few people. As I was coming out of the theater different groups were talking about who they wanted to play in the sequel. Even if you haven't read the book or seen the miniseries plenty are familiar enough with the story to know what happens after the end of the movie.

There are members here from the overseas who might not be familiar with the material.

Just now, That One Guy said:

We're witnessing history here folks.  A $35M horror film opening to the same levels as huge $150M+ superhero tentpoles.

Like I said in my review it's the first time I felt I was seeing an event film while watching a horror movie. Truly something special. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

There are members here from the overseas who might not be familiar with the material.

My bad then. I don't mean to post spoilers but given the popularity of the source material and miniseries I assumed this information wasn't spoiler esque. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

When the studio announced that this was gonna be two movies it was made very clear that the second part would follow the characters as adults. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

When the studio announced that this was gonna be two movies it was made very clear that the second part would follow the characters as adults. 

Again, not everyone knows this info. But whatever, I was just trying to help.

I kept telling my brother that this movie was going to open huge and he didn't exactly get what I was saying and I had to explain it to him about the Nostalgia of the film but he's still didn't quite believe me. When I see him on Tuesday we're going to have a talk.

And even I underestimated it so I'm not trying to be smug 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

Just now, Heretic said:

120m+ opening is probably the most impressive of all time. This is insane 

As insane as American Sniper and Deadpool were, IT's making in its OW what I felt it would be lucky to make domestic after it was first announced. Truly remarkable.