CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

Just now, Eevin said:

44m? Holy god. 120m+ probably locked, 3rd biggest OW of the year and more than double the OWs of Hannibal (58m) and PA3 (52m). Were it not for Irma, over Deadpool could have been possible.

What a time to be alive!

IT still can float. 

Oh my God! This is truly astonishing. What a great box office story after that awful August

After all those box office doom-and-gloom articles, I want to see "September is not box office death zone" think pieces now media!

Edited by forg

It's pretty fun how we've gone from "wow, it might hit 90!" to "wow, it might hit 100!" to "wow, it might hit 110!" to "wow, it might hit 120!" all within a couple of days.

Good weekend. I like it when the numbers don't suck absolute ass.

• Like 5

I have followed the box office since I was 14, in the old days at BOM forums.  I am now 28 and I can honestly say that if that Saturday number holds, that to me, is the single most impressive daily gross I've ever seen.  The OD was monstrous, huge, but not completely unexpected.  But an INCREASE from the true Friday is mind boggling.  

This is one of those 5-10 year pieces of box office tracking that you never forget.

• Like 12