CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

10 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It's pretty fun how we've gone from "wow, it might hit 90!" to "wow, it might hit 100!" to "wow, it might hit 110!" to "wow, it might hit 120!" all within a couple of days.

Good weekend. I like it when the numbers don't suck absolute ass.

Wow.

I watched the earlier show sales all day and the math I was getting was additional $5-6M above Friday if the late nights held the same.

if that $44M holds, that's just insanity.  It's first two days would be over $5M higher than Deadpool!  over $7M higher than Spider-Man Homecoming.

all this with Houston and Florida in shambles.

Edited by lobogotti

So WB was probably thinking to themselves after Wonder Woman came out: "Yeah, we're not getting a hit like this until November with JL"....

And now a fucking rated R horror film in fucking September is about to give them their biggest opening weekend of the year so far.

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Absolutely amazing weekend!!!

Heading for 120m is bonkers and unprecedented after having one the most barren spells in box office history

Lowest August box office total in 25 years and slowest month in 5 years definitely helped. I think if we have an ordinary August this does not hit 100m but taking nothing away from IT it has smashed the ceiling for horror.

• Like 2

Good God that 44 Million number is impressive. This just goes to show September isn't a Junk Film month in fact the Movies in September make the movies in August look like trash was there anything good that came out in August? No wonder why the box office wasn't doing that well in that month.

2 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Absolutely amazing weekend!!!

Heading for 120m is bonkers and unprecedented after having one the most barren spells in box office history

Lowest August box office total in 25 years and slowest month in 5 years definitely helped. I think if we have an ordinary August this does not hit 100m but taking nothing away from IT it has smashed the ceiling for horror.

I agree, not taking anything away from IT but I think some of it benefited from the fact that August was dead, the most ever. I think people were itching to go see something, especially word of mouth saying it's a blockbuster.

This movie had a lot going it's way, it's definitely the rare 4 quadrant movie. Hell, when I went little kids around the age of 8 were going with their mother lol.