CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

And then the Fukunaga draft was leaked and everyone went "This should have been made, who is in charge at WB?". Sometimes creative differences are just that, different visions for what a movie should be.

His script was horrible.  He wanted to change so many things that made IT IT.  Thank heavens he didn't stay on and get his way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Even to those who don't know? Okay.

It's all over the internet.  So if the studio releases the info, by definition at this site, it's not a spoiler.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

His script was horrible.  He wanted to change so many things that made IT IT.  Thank heavens he didn't stay on and get his way.

I didn't read the draft but I did read that he changed a lot which is probably why they parted ways. Still he got a writing credit on the final film.

• Like 1

This might go down as the #27 best OW of all time.  Fresh off the #30 best OD of all time.

For a non-sequel, horror film, opening in September, during a hurricane that has knocked out 5% of the nations screens and Houston still recovering.

Think about that for a minute.

Edited by lobogotti
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I didn't read the draft but I did read that he changed a lot which is probably why they parted ways. Still he got a writing credit on the final film.

I'm sure a lot of his ideas are still in the film but the some of the ideas he had, like changing the names of the kids to something completely different, just wreaked of idiocy.  

50 minutes ago, forg said:

I love Netflix as it gives a platform to a lot of shows, docus and movies who may not find success / attention elsewhere but I was really annoyed with the "Netflix going to kill movie going" thing some corners of the Internet is pushing lol. They can co-exist and the consumer will win

I wonder if youtube/video game streaming is not much bigger than netflix.

Also HBO for movies is maybe a bigger competition

HBO viewing is 77% movies, Netflix it is only 30% of the viewing time that is for movies, the reverse.

Is netflix really bigger than HBO was ?

That was how much american watched TV in the 90s and 2000s:

http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en/newswire/uploads/2009/11/avg_tv_viewing.png

The impact of TV was already ultra massive and fully set, the new generation being more into youtube, internet and streaming of video games is probably more the factor than them streaming of netflix instead of binge watching series they downloaded on torrents....

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I'm sure a lot of his ideas are still in the film but the some of the ideas he had, like changing the names of the kids to something completely different, just wreaked of idiocy.  

I mean Stan as the name of Bill's goldfish ? WTF. I could tell some parts in the movie that seemed like they were from his script. 

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Would that not be a good idea (I'm speculating here) for people to not know in advance who die/survive ? same has for why talking about casting choice for X or Y could be seen as a spoiler for an horror movie, if you get in advance info on survivors of the movie.

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I really loathe when filmmakers make major changes just cause. Changing the kids names is the most pointless thing that anyone could do and just reeks of "I want to put my stamp on the material even if it doesn't make any sense" arrogance.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I really loathe when filmmakers make major changes just cause. Changing the kids names is the most pointless thing that anyone could do and just reeks of "I want to put my stamp on the material even if it doesn't make any sense" arrogance.

I mean Bill to Will. Seems he really put a lot of thought in it. 

Edited by Rman823

September is giong to end up being the PERFECT month to have released IT.

All the kids are now back in school and this movie will be all anyone will be talking about, nearly all the kids to teens to young adults (Elementary to College) will be going to see this so they can be part of all the conversations!

17 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

There have been no spoilers in this thread. I'm sick of people on the interwebs claiming that every single thing is a spoiler.

Where you here for TFA? Somehow even posting a reaction was a spoiler.

"The new Star Wars was pretty good."

"Thanks for ruining the film, jerk!"

That was the point spoilerphobia descended into self-parody. Never seen anything quite like it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I think we have our king of the BO for this year.actor-wyatt-oleff-poses-for-a-portrait-d GOTG 2 and IT. All hail little star lord! 

Oh shit, little Peter Quill is Stanley?

Although I don't think he was in GOTG 2.

Edited by UNDERDOG

17 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

It's all over the internet.  So if the studio releases the info, by definition at this site, it's not a spoiler.

Okay. This is not what I was told some time ago. At least, it's clear to me now.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

Where you here for TFA? Somehow even posting a reaction was a spoiler.

"The new Star Wars was pretty good."

"Thanks for ruining the film, jerk!"

That was the point spoilerphobia descended into self-parody. Never seen anything quite like it.

No I wasn't. Wow, that sounds embarrassing.