baumer

IT Monday 8.8 Guru

Guru from twitter. Pretty standard drop and kind of impressive to be honest with you considering Sunday's drop was incredibly small compared to most other films.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Yup, nothing to get amped up about. It's September after all, drops like these are frequent..... plus, no matter what happens from here on out, the movie is already a garguantuan success and guaranteed to be among the most profitable films of the year. Right now, all that Warner Bros. and New Line is doing right now is lay comfortably with a coconut and a straw in place as they cash in millions of dollars of money.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

That's a fine drop.  I also definitely think this is a weekend film.

I think Tuesday will be a fair amount over 10m though

I also think Florida theaters were closed till tomorrow

Im expecting a weekend drop in the 50% range, but it could have an easier drop simply because of the conditions diluting the opening.

Edited by The Pumpkin Spice Panda

Just some possible arbitrary numbers for the week

Tues: 11 (+25%)

Wed: 7.3 (-34%)

Thurs 6.95 (-5%)

Friday Saturday Sunday will be huge if u go by Dont Breathe.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

64-67 mln second week-end is coming...

That would be even more impressive than the first weekend my opinion. I don't see how it has less than a 50% drop.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Just some possible arbitrary numbers for the week

Tues: 11 (+25%)

Wed: 7.3 (-34%)

Thurs 6.95 (-5%)

Friday Saturday Sunday will be huge if u go by Dont Breathe.

Some major Florida theaters like Disney Springs open back up tomorrow so Wednesday maybe a bit higher.  Also there were 2 Monday night games last night.  I think Wednesday flat from Monday

• Like 2

8.8 + 12.3 (+40%) + 8.6 (-30%) + 8 (-7%) for 37.7 Mon-Thu

Gives 123.4 + 37.7 = 161.1 cume

Even if weekend drops 60% then it's 49.4 for 161.1 + 49.4 = 210.5 cume, still on track for Sixth Sense.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Some major Florida theaters like Disney Springs open back up tomorrow so Wednesday maybe a bit higher.  Also there were 2 Monday night games last night.  I think Wednesday flat from Monday

Imo wednesday cant be same as Monday. But i guess well see.

I think Monday spillover vs Florida opening back up and no NFL will cause Wed to be flat with Mon.

You have to remember IT had quite a few things diluting its Sunday and Monday numbers.  It could definitely lead to some stronger holds starting tomorrow and going through the weekend

Good number. I still think it will make over $300, It's OW was not as frontloaded as i expected (it increase 21,5% on Saturday if you don't count the previews). It has great reviews for a horror film and it became an event fils so $300 is very likely.