That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

16 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

It literally is the British HOOK, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Well, except that so far it actually looks good.  

Also, Peter Pan is British - just not in Spielberg land.

Also, there is a lot of potential in a Hook-like tale, done right.

I mean, I loved Robin Williams but his particular brand of ham wasn't well suited for that movie.

So long as WiT hits at least low 30's this weekend, the all Disney releases over 100m this year seems like a pretty done deal. This was the big question mark of the bunch, but after the teaser's surprising amount of buzz and reception I don't think there's anyway this is missing 100 now. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

So long as WiT hits at least low 30's this weekend, the all Disney releases over 100m this year seems like a pretty done deal. This was the big question mark of the bunch, but after the teaser's surprising amount of buzz and reception I don't think there's anyway this is missing 100 now. 

Who's to say WIT is getting a 3x? :ph34r: 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Who's to say WIT is getting a 3x? :ph34r: 

Me, lol. Extremely hard for that kind of Disney family targeted release to miss 3x, at least outside of a huge OW like BatB. Even Tomorrowland did it. 

Edited by MovieMan89

In case anyone cares, the teaser is the #1 trending video on You Tube, 24 hours after release.

The comments on the video are... What is the opposite of "cesspool" when it comes to YT comments, anyway?  Because for once everyone is tripping over themselves in the comments section to praise it, including talking about how they were bawling their eyes out at certain points.

I'm not going to go crazy on predictions here, but it certainly looks like the teaser did its job.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

In case anyone cares, the teaser is the #1 trending video on You Tube, 24 hours after release.

The comments on the video are... What is the opposite of "cesspool" when it comes to YT comments, anyway?  Because for once everyone is tripping over themselves in the comments section to praise it, including talking about how they were bawling their eyes out at certain points.

I'm not going to go crazy on predictions here, but it certainly looks like the teaser did its job.

:kitschjob: 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Me, lol. Extremely hard for that kind of Disney family targeted release to miss 3x, at least outside of a huge OW like BatB. Even Tomorrowland did it. 

Well, Tomorrowland came close to 3x, but still missed it.  2.83x off the 3day Memorial Day Weekend.  Might have hit 3x if was a normal weekend, though.

The best thing this movie could possibly do would be to bring Pooh back into relevancy and popularity among the current gen of kids. It's a damn shame the character has lost a lot of that in the last decade or so. The character definitely still had popularity among my gen of kids as a 90's kid. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Join me.

28 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I think it's been scientifically proven that nobody can hate Winnie The Pooh, unless your Tele that is. 

• Like 7