That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

Well, this just unseated Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 and Incredibles 2 for my most anticipated movie coming out for the rest of this year. I really hope this breaks out...

Hopefully the worst case scenario still has this doing better than A Wrinkle in Time...

Does anyone have a guess on what the budget for this is?

Edited by PNF2187

4 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

Well, this just unseated Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 and Incredibles 2 for my most anticipated movie coming out for the rest of this year. I really hope this breaks out...

Hopefully the worst case scenario still has this doing better than A Wrinkle in Time...

I'd guess it would be somewhere like 60-70M. Disney usually puts money up for these kinds of movies, but I don't really see a lot of CGI being included apart from the animals. 

On 5/27/2018 at 2:10 AM, PNF2187 said:

Its not hard to do better than A Wrink in Time.....

A comp for this i think could be Oz the great and Powerful. I’m expecting better word of mouth on this, so stronger legs should be in order. It also doesn’t have the “this is a true blockbuster” marketing either, so a smaller opening should happen as well.

Also, it’s not like a conventional Wizard of Oz movie made bank at the box office in recent memory before OTGAP, but the characters are classic among many generations, much like Pooh

8 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

Im contemplating making a Christopher Robin domestic > Wreck it Ralph domestic club :thinking:

CR domestic > Solo WW would be more interesting... :ph34r:

something like "It's better to Pooh than ride Solo"

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 2

On 5/29/2018 at 11:05 AM, TalismanRing said:

And yet the very well reviewed and quite lovely Pete's Dragon did not domestically.

Hell, look what happened to Paddington 2  - beaten to a pulp by Peter Rabbit.

I think Paddington 2 was hurt by being marketed as a sequel to a movie that isn’t on the public radar.

I think that made it even harder for people to be willing to give it a chance when there were other family alternatives, and the marketing always appeared like juvenile British humor.

I actually skipped it in theaters partly because of that.  I knew the reviews were good but the marketing did nothing to make me want to see it

Edited by Pandamia!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pandamia! said:

This is brilliant, and much better visual effects than that other animal movie coming out in october

God, it's even better then the last poster,and the previous poster was the best I have seen in a while.

The marketing for this is great.

Fascinating how the marketing for this is so good,but the marketing for another much bigger Disney release "Solo" was so bad.

• Like 1