That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

41 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Think this movie will do well and be another Rotten Tomatoes fail.  The reason animated Pooh movies didn't make much is people were all for waiting for DVD for a character they've seen on TV exclusively.  This is a live action depiction and the draw is to see these characters come to life

It's 62% on RT (6.0 avg) and 67% (with a 6.5 avg) among top critics .   Reviews overall aren't great but so far they're fine

Comparatively. Trans 3 is at 62%/ 5.4 avg and 60%/5.1 avg among top critics.  MM2 is 79%/6.2 avg and 68%/5.8 avg.

• Like 1

I want to be clear that I'm not abandoning ship I always thought people were way over predicting the movie.  Even if it had an 80% on Rotten Tomatoes I would still think that those 200 million dollar predictions were absurd. I think it'll be lucky to hit a hundred million.  I will be absolutely shocked at this movie hits a hundred and fifty million plus.

48 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

First we have people saying Chris Stuckmann and Grace Randolph are their most trusted critics, and now THIS?

It's time to pull the chute on the forums. with Tele gone, there isn't anything worth living for.

• Like 1

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/08/christopher-robin-review/566372/

I’m not quite sure which madman at Disney gave the green light to a movie that uses the Winnie the Pooh series as a way into the emotional drudgery of Britain’s returning soldiers. Christopher Robin is the kind of uncanny experiment that only gets to happen in children’s films once every few years. But any time that underlying weirdness threatens to overwhelm everything, Pooh is there to urge the viewer not to stress—a message that, especially in 2018, couldn’t be more helpful.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

True. Rob Marshall has not made a good movie since Chicago.   and Marc Foster hasn't made a great movie since Finding Neverland so I'm not shocked that this movie is getting Peter Rabbit reviews.

Peter Rabbit was a WW-hit for Sony, though with $350M.

54 minutes ago, Hades said:

Expect DeJa Vu with Mary Poppins.

I do agree in some aspects. I don’t buy $300M+ (Or for any holiday release from that matter) but $200M+ should happen. It is the only movie in the holiday season that appeals to the female demographic.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

And you guys thought this was going to be a massive hit.

Well, none of us said it was going to hit BATB-numbers (which were impossible to begin with). But at least safest case scenario....i said it probably may do more than Pete’s Dragon at the WW-front. And actually, that would not be a horrific result.

I mean, it’s not like it has a massive budget or anything.

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

These new accounts....

As a long time reader of the boards various iterations who doesn’t post much this board is going to shit.  Constant trolling and nearly every new account basically comes here to just stir things up and not actually contribute value to the site.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Peter Rabbit was also fun, funny, and had a lot of action  Something that kids love kind of like Alvin and the Chipmunks. Not sad, depressing, and boring for kids.

Yeah...that’s true actually.

Honestly...i think if the Chipmunks had a lot better reception by critics & audience alike...they probably could have been great leggy Christmas contenders for over $250M and maybe $300M DOM (probably the first two movies)....if they were better at the time.