That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

14 hours ago, MrPink said:

I can't tell if Jim Cummings is just getting that old or if that's part of the point given the concept. Either way... :whosad:

It's probably part of the point, considering Jim Cummings can still sound like this:

when asked (clip from an episode of SW Rebels from about a year and a half back, but the character sounded the same in the series finale a couple of nights ago).

Edited by Porthos

I was expecting a movie with a kid playing Christopher Robin set in Ashdown forest with all the characters. Also, the color palette looks off...BVS type. For gods sake, make it colorful, bright and like the cartoon. Ugh....i need to see another trailer to decide if I want to watch this. I want WINNIE THE POOH like the cartoons. They should have made it live action/CGI hybrid like The Jungle Book. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Damn this was near perfect as someone who has an affection for both the Winnie-the-Pooh books and the Disney version of Winnie the Pooh.

BTW, in post-Soviet Republic countries we have never saw Disney version of Pooh. We have read the original book, saw old Soviet cartoon episode, but I don't know any person, who's seen the Disney adaptation.

Just in case.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

17 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

The Pooh design is horrendous.  I have no idea how that design got past so many people at Disney to get approved. When you compare it to the lovable and charming design and CGI of Paddington it's especially bad. Otherwise, I like the teaser and concept seems promising. But it's not going to work if the Pooh characters don't like right or as charming as they do in the books/animated films. 

Wasn't the CGI of Paddington a common complaint about the trailers before the first movie came out? I could swear it was.

• Like 1

Pooh's supposed to look like a Teddy Bear. That's what he is, all stuffed with fluff.

I'm actually glad they went with this look rather than a miniature yellow bear. Not only that, they made him look like an OLD WORN stuffed animal too, which makes sense considering Christopher Robin is in his 30s-40s probably in the movie and old stuffed animals sometimes look raggedy. 

• Like 8

Everything about this screams Childhood IMO. The stuffed bears... I've got one I had named Scruffy who's a bit bigger than Pooh but still reminds me the same sort of way. 

House at Pooh Corner was a song I always listened to as a child, which, ironically is about growing up and leaving childhood behind. The Winnie the Pooh brand in general was a huge part of my childhood really. 

And even Ewan Macgregor. Big Fish has been my favourite movie ever since I was like 7... kind of a weird movie to like when you're 7 but whatever. And Obi-Wan was always like an idol as a child.

Damn Disney, you broke me. 

• Like 6
  • Disbelief 1

11 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I was expecting a movie with a kid playing Christopher Robin set in Ashdown forest with all the characters. Also, the color palette looks off...BVS type. For gods sake, make it colorful, bright and like the cartoon. Ugh....i need to see another trailer to decide if I want to watch this. I want WINNIE THE POOH like the cartoons. They should have made it live action/CGI hybrid like The Jungle Book. 

I imagine it will become a lot brighter after he goes back to the Hundred Acre Woods.

• Like 3