Rorschach

Rorschach's Reviews 3.0 Year 1

Reviews for Chrono Trigger and Voltron will be delayed to tomorrow. However, I have read everything else in May. 

May:

The Adventures of Scrooge McDuck

Not much to say except its still great :). Which reminds me I still need to watch the pilot for the new reboot. Have had it on my YouTube watchlist for the longest time now but still haven't gotten around to it.

A-

Among the Serpants

Eh. The film looks pretty good in IMAX but there really isn't much else to say about it, other than it feels really elongated given its bloated running time. Its mostly a series of the group running into something dangerous and trying to escape it, rinse and repeat.

C+

Mara, Daughter of the Nile

A pretty intriguing thriller that highlights a solid lead performance from Sofia Boutella. The film meanders a little in the middle but picks right back up into a thrilling climax. 

B+

Blood and Fur

The film isn't as fun or inventive as the director's previous work (Tucker and Dale vs Evil is one of my new favorite comedies) but it still manages to hold up on its own as a mostly satirical look on group extremists. 

B

Operation Megasquad

A lifeless action film that provide anything new or inventive to show off. The only thing I found amusing was the thought off how many times @Xillix had to type out the villain's name in full. That must've taken a lot of work. :lol:

C-

The Ultimate Prank

Because watching a grown man essentially break down in tears and having his career tarnished in front of a group kids is SO pleasant to watch on screen.

D-

Brandybrook

11goodreads.gif

The biggest sin a comedy can do is to not provide a single laugh from me throughout. How hard is that? Honestly? 

If there is another film that is worse than this film coming up soon, I hope that reviewer has prepared for the apocalypse :apocalypse:

F (x1,000)

• Thanks 1

I've been pretty busy over the past few days. Hoping to get my reviews for Chrono Trigger and Voltron later today. 

I'm trying to figure out a way to get through the films quicker but I'm hoping to speed through them as quickly as possible. May have to shorten up reviews a tad bit but I don't mind going in-depth on a film if anyone wants me to.

Chrono Trigger

A pretty dull and lifeless fantasy film. The film constantly jumps from different timelines so much that it honestly becomes mind-numbing and confusing to keep track of. Furthermore, the characters feel one-dimensional and aren't given much in terms of interesting arcs or anything like that. It's really hard to give a shit when you don't have a single character to invest in. The visuals are fine and some of the action can be entertaining but other than that, nothing stands out.

C-

Voltron

20 minutes ago, cookie said:

I'm honestly a lot more nervous of your Voltron review than I probably should be :sadben:Wouldn't mind an in-depth look though.

@cookie I really enjoyed this film. Sure, it's a little over-long and probably could've benefited from a shorter running time but honestly, that's the only thing that stuck out in terms of issues. Jon Favreau really knows how to bring a lot of fun and excitement to any film he makes and this film is no exception. All the character banter is great, the sci-fi action is fantastic, and the visuals are out-of-this-world. Not too much else to talk about other than it's really good :)

Definitely checking the show out on Netflix when I find the time.

A-

• Thanks 1

Given that the first half is pretty much a straight remake of the hour-long pilot episode I maybe overcalculated a bit how long the second half needed to be runtime wise. Second film will probably be closer to two hours.

Many thanks :sparta:

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1