kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers: 7.9 M IT

23 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Oh man lol. Ijack and his stanning for SMH lol.

My "stanning" for Spider-Man: Homecoming against your disdain for that film still made my prediction way more closer than yours. It will be ironic to see Homecoming keeping the edge against It even after opening bigger. You see, runs like what Homecoming is doing aren't as dime a dozen like you wanted to make. You could learn from understimating my predictions and that film, or you could be a prick about that. It's really up to you. :) 

Edited by iJackSparrow

Just now, The Pumpkin Spice Panda said:

Yeah, no der Spidey's summer weekdays will be way over IT's September weekdays.

Horror films are weekend films too.

Completely agree. What I'm saying is that it will be tough for IT to keep the same pace that Homecoming did. Getting to $300m could happen, but it won't be a walk in the park. Hell, saying that $300m is the floor is way optimistic even for me. And I want the film to do well. We are talking about a rated R film here, what obviously cuts the target demo compared to something like Homecoming. So what I'm thinking is a slightly shorter multiplier, between 2.4-2.6. 

Monologue at next years Oscars...

"Last year, audiences across America and indeed the world were terrorized by an evil, orange haired clown"

*pause*

"Oh, and the movie IT was released, also featuring an evil clown."

Edited by Tyrian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

My "stanning" for Spider-Man: Homecoming against your disdain for that film still made my prediction way more closer than yours. It will be ironic to see Homecoming keeping the edge against It even after opening bigger. You see, runs like what Homecoming is doing aren't as dime a dozen like you wanted to make. You could learn from understimating my predictions and that film, or you could be a prick about that. It's really up to you. :) 

I don't care that you like Spider-Man homecoming buddy. The part I find funny is when you say that Spider-Man homecoming is ahead of it even though it opened with more. Spider-Man homecoming had summer weekdays that's all you have to say about that.

And for the record your predictions are mostly horrible. I'm not saying this to be cruel but you know they are. You over predict everything that you like. And everybody for the most part predicted Spider-Man to make over 300 million. So not quite sure why you're tooting your own horn right now buddy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I don't care that you like Spider-Man homecoming buddy. The part I find funny is when you say that Spider-Man homecoming is ahead of it even though it opened with more. Spider-Man homecoming had summer weekdays that's all you have to say about that.

It is ahead of IT. And yes, it's because the Summer weekdays - and the fact that it's a four quadrant PG-13 film. Are you for real trying to deny that? Because honestly, regardless how much you say that $300m is the floor, I wouldn't say that. I'm not saying it's the high end either, what I'm saying is that right now what I'm seeing is somewhere between $295m and $325m, which is freaking insane for a horror film. We will see how much ahead of Homecoming IT will be after this weekend, but I predict that this will be the last weekend that it'll top that film. IT will probably start pacing below Homecoming by its third weekend, in my opinion. But hey, you're the box office expert that said at the same period of time that Homecoming would gross under $300m, so what do I know? :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

And for the record your predictions are mostly horrible. I'm not saying this to be cruel but you know they are. You over predict everything that you like. And everybody for the most part predicted Spider-Man to make over 300 million. So not quite sure why you're tooting your own horn right now buddy

Sure. My track record this year is quite great, but I'm not one to brag. You are the one saying that $300m is the floor for IT and at same period of time said the opposite about Homecoming so er... if my predictions suck, what do you got, buddy? Are you living from your former glories or you have actually predicted something right this year? Because as far as I know, it's well documented that literally just me and @TwoMisfits kept saying that $330m+ would happen for Homecoming and... here we are. :) 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

Even if IT finishes with "just" $300m, it will be infinitely more impressive than SMH. A Spider-Man movie within the MCU and Iron Man plastered all over the marketing versus a 2h15 horror movie opening in September...

Come on. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Even if IT finishes with "just" $300m, it will be infinitely more impressive than SMH. A Spider-Man movie within the MCU and Iron Man plastered all over the marketing versus a 2h15 horror movie opening in September...

Come on. 

Of course it will be more impressive. Never disputed that. It's more impressive when you think that it's Spider-Man, that it features Iron Man, that it's a horror rated R film. With all that said, I'm talking about the films box office runs, and why I don't see how IT can keep the pace like Homecoming did. It's quite simple. 

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Of course it will be more impressive. Never disputed that. It's more impressive when you think that it's Spider-Man, that it features Iron Man, that it's a horror rated R film. With all that said, I'm talking about the films box office runs, and why I don't see how IT can keep the pace like Homecoming did. It's quite simple. 

Yes, you're right...the pace SMH has achieved is unlike anything the box office world has seen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1