WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

Since it is the mother! opening week-end, let me indulge just once in this thread by bringing you a little bit of sunshine :

tumblr_ow961zZu0o1rrb9xco1_540.png

For the hopeless romantics & readers of People magazine  :

Spoiler

tumblr_ow8vh3cCkv1rrb9xco1_540.png

For the deviant & bad people who frequent such vile places as TMZ :ph34r: :

Spoiler

tumblr_ow9r90xYM91rrb9xco1_1280.png

I was never there.

:ty:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Hide contents

tumblr_ow8vh3cCkv1rrb9xco1_540.png

Hide contents

tumblr_ow9r90xYM91rrb9xco1_1280.png

I was never there.

I mean, their relationship isn't within the confines of the 7 rule :kitschjob: 

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Since it is the mother! opening week-end, let me indulge just once in this thread by bringing you a little bit of sunshine :

tumblr_ow961zZu0o1rrb9xco1_540.png

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I was never there.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Omg Blumhouse just announced with a photo that they're bringing Jamie Lee Curtis back as Laurie Strode in Halloween!!! 

Confirmed, October 19th 2018 by Universal. 

Laurie Strode!!!!! :wub:

Saw that when I got up, god I hope that lives up to it's potential with Carpenter still on board. Would love a new take on the score.

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Omg Blumhouse just announced with a photo that they're bringing Jamie Lee Curtis back as Laurie Strode in Halloween!!! 

Confirmed, October 19th 2018 by Universal. 

Laurie Strode!!!!! :wub:

they also need to bring back that background score. imo the most effective score after jaws's dun-dun dun-dun.

3 hours ago, AJG said:

A. It's sold on a complete lie. If a character closing the fridge to reveal another character standing on the other side is your idea of horror then this movie might be for you.

B&C aren't spoilers but they may impact the viewing experience for some, and I'm not that comfortable leaving them open on this thread.

Reveal hidden contents

D. Nothing presented to me was new, fresh, or thought provoking. This is the laziest film I've seen this year, and the worst I've seen since Suicide Squad. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

What movies got a F score on CinemaScore?

I know Wolf Creek is one of these movies. I still don't get how Wolf Creek got such low score. 

Apparently the first three films to get an F cinemascore were Eye of The Beholder (1999), Lost Souls (2000), and Lucky Numbers (2000), since the system started (personally I don't think cinemascores are very good though, if I'm being honest).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I tried visiting that Devil Inside website once and a fake FBI warning pop-up ad appeared on my computer and I had to restart my computer.

Clearly the filmmakers were trying to send you some sort of subliminal "secret" message. 

2 hours ago, Rman823 said:

Honest question. How many are wanting Mother to fail for the sole purpose it stars Lawrence and not based on the marketing, opinion of the movie itself, etc. Either way I've never understood why anyone would want any film to crash and burn. Sure there are films I flat out hate but that doesn't mean I root against them at the BO. 

Not me. I want it to crash and burn due to marketing conning horror fans again. If it does, maybe Hollywood will stop cutting deceptive trailers and selling a movie as something it's not. The final "Experience" trailer is a dick move by Paramount especially placing it in front of IT last weekend.

I think Jennifer Lawrence is great. She'll walk out of this with her reputation perfectly intact. It's the film that's going to suffer.

I usually never want a movie to fail but if the marketing is this misleading....then it's fair game. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Not me. I want it to crash and burn due to marketing conning horror fans again. If it does, maybe Hollywood will stop cutting deceptive trailers and selling a movie as something it's not. The final "Experience" trailer is a dick move by Paramount especially placing it in front of IT last weekend.

I think Jennifer Lawrence is great. She'll walk out of this with her reputation perfectly intact. It's the film that's going to suffer.

I usually never want a movie to fail but if the marketing is this misleading....then it's fair game. 

I think this is fair.

• Like 1

On another note. 17 years later.....and glad that some things never change. As someone who loves movie scores, these songs always have such strong operatic instrumentals that allow them to stand out from everyone else.

Perfect to release this around Halloween. Amy Lee's voice is still incredible too. 

• Like 1