WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

4 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

damn. My UNDER 45M club is in danger...

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

mother! was sold like a Screen Gems horror film, but when moviegoers finally get inside the theater, they find out it’s something completely different. 

Exactly this.

Paramount only have themselves to blame! 

False advertising is false advertising. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Angelina Jolie would have saved mother!

Sure, if she'd been allowed to kick ass within the first 5 minutes.

8 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

mothers box office will be impacted by the fact that it's an art movie that really should have had a limited release. It's not a wide release movie at all!

Yet even with bad legs it will probably make 10-20 times more in wide release than what it might have made in a limited art house run.  Whether or not it's would be as profitable depends on how much Paramount spent on P&A to open this wide.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If AA follows Wick:

6M

5.9M

3.9M

15.8M Weekend

If mother! follows The Witch:

4.2M

4.3M

2.8M

11.3M Weekend

The Witch had .63 in previews - same multiplier gives mother a $9.77m o/w - also better reviews.  Edit - Didn't see the $4.2m Friday

Don't see that happening for AA either - Wick had great WOM and a leading man that appealed more to older audiences

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

mothers box office will be impacted by the fact that it's an art movie that really should have had a limited release. It's not a wide release movie at all!

It will make more this way than it would have as a limited release. The studio probably realized that awhile ago. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sure, if she'd been allowed to kick ass within the first 5 minutes.

Yet even with bad legs it will probably make 10-20 times more in wide release than what it might have made in a limited art house run.  Whether or not it's would be as profitable depends on how much Paramount spent on P&A to open this wide.

I was gonna go with the ability to burst into green flames and then become a dragon

• Haha 1

IT is holding on really really well. $300M is gonna happen imo.

American Assassin doing way better than I thought. 

mother! has tragic numbers but I'm not even surprised. Paramount tried to be cute with its marketing by not revealing anything and then when they finally did reveal things they were off putting. I mean I saw an ad for it during SNF and it did the film zero favors so the P&A was there for the film but wasn't of quality. 

• Like 1

How my theater has been doing today:

It is averaging around 12 tickets per showing. Considering it's on 4 screens now, that's good but a step down from what Tuesday-Thursday were doing on two screens.

AA has been selling like crazy. The first two shows nearly sold out, and the show in 45 minutes has sold 28 seats. Tonight is looking very promising too.

mother! is performing like dogshit. The first two shows sold between 6-9 tickets, and the one in 15 minutes is in the same range at 7 tickets. The late show has already sold 12, so I wonder how well it'll pick up tonight.

The BATB rerelease sold 10 tickets for its first show and is at 5 for the night show. I suppose that's fine for something that's only playing for a week.

Home Again is selling like crazy; every show so far has been between 20-30 seats.

Emoji's two shows have sold in the mid-teens and low-20s.

SMH's show this afternoon sold over 30 tickets! It's impressive how well it's selling this late into its run.

Wind River has been selling high singles-low teens today, which isn't too bad.

THB has been hovering in high singles save for the show that's starting soon that's sold over 20 tickets.

Annabelle is only playing at night now, but the first show has sold 4 tickets so far.

Logan Lucky and All Saints are pretty much done.

• Like 5