WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Holy shit at IT

Also, goddamn Fox for not moving Kingsman to Alien: Covenant's original date lol. No matter how well it does, it's gonna be shadowed by IT which will be a shame seeing how they're trying to get the franchise off the ground :( 

but also it (by which i mean kingsman not it)  looks very bad so i'm unperturbed by this.

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

I still maintain that if Hanna-Barbara and before them WBA was trying to get off the ground now and not 50+ years ago most of their stuff would be derided as crap and constantly put down on.... I will never get the insane desire to "shit" on other films just because they aren't your type, or from the studio that you champion.....

Bugs Bunny and the like would never make it in today's society because they aren't deep and meaningful enough....

Oh and Moana was pretentious paint by numbers Disney Princess with a thin veneer of multi-culturalism thrown in because they needed to be PC. DM3 was better in all but the visuals department and that comes from someone who has been a huge fan of Disney for most of my life (and have the spent $$ to prove it lol).

:bravo:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Nothing.  They all did about what was expected of them.  Nothing more,  nothing less especially domestically. 

Annabelle did more than expected. A 100mil is hard number for horror movies to hit. Most predictions I saw were 60-70mil.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I still maintain that if Hanna-Barbara and before them WBA was trying to get off the ground now and not 50+ years ago most of their stuff would be derided as crap and constantly put down on.... I will never get the insane desire to "shit" on other films just because they aren't your type, or from the studio that you champion.....

Bugs Bunny and the like would never make it in today's society because they aren't deep and meaningful enough....

Oh and Moana was pretentious paint by numbers Disney Princess with a thin veneer of multi-culturalism thrown in because they needed to be PC. DM3 was better in all but the visuals department and that comes from someone who has been a huge fan of Disney for most of my life (and have the spent $$ to prove it lol).

Eh I grew up on Hanna Barbera so I have a soft spot, but things like Devlin or Goober and the Ghost Chasers are pretty bad 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Most (not all but most) of Hanna-Barbara was junk - always was.

Bugs Bunny & The Loony Tunes have always been genius. Sharp, funny, witty, inventive writing and animation with brilliant voice acting

Moana is gorgeous craftsmanship and heartfelt film making with beautiful music.

Haven't seen DM3.  DM1 was OK but felt no need to see DM2 and the Minions actively revolted me.  SLOP was sloppy.  I wish Illumination spent more on their writing and animation than their marketing.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

The box office stories of the year (in no particular order):

It,

BATB,

Split,

Get Out,

Wonder Woman,

47 Meters Down,

Annabelle Creation,

Spider-Man: Homecoming,

Despicable Me 3

any others I missed? 

Valerian,

King Arthur,

Alien: Covenant.

:kitschjob:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

someone should make a chrome extension where everytime someone calls a movie pretentious the parenthesis "(i'm sorry i don't know how to use words)" should appear next to it.

pretentious; trying to appear or sound more important or clever than you are, especially in matters of artand literature.

Yeah, sounds really accurate for a lot WDAS/Pixar stuff...

• Like 1

You tube reviewers are lame period.

I only read reviews from scholars, educated and well dressed men & women based in L.A, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington, and New York working for the newspapers that told the world for 2 years that Trump was a racist, misogynist  clown that would never have his finger next to the atom bomb in his little White House.

Not in a million years.

I trust these people, they know their stuff, they are reliable, competent and hard working.

Who are these lazy youtube people anyway, because they see 50 blockbusters a year & like Batman, Star Wars & Iron Man, they think they can talk about all sorts of movies in interesting, insightful and eloquent ways ?

Leave movie reviews to professionals please.

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Eh I grew up on Hanna Barbera so I have a soft spot, but things like Devlin or Goober and the Ghost Chasers are pretty bad 

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Most of Hanna Barabara was junk - always was.

Bugs Bunny & The Loony Tunes have always been genius.

Moana is gorgeous heartfelt filmmaking

Hanna Barbera made a lot of cartoons and while you had gems like Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, Yogi Bear etc there is a lot of stuff that didn't age well at all and many of their shows were copies of stuff that was successful. The Jetsons which I liked was just the Flintstones set in the future and Scooby had many copies where kids and a sidekick solved mysteries. 

Looney Tunes at least was funny and while not everything hit, it did provide great laughs. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Bugs Bunny & The Loony Tunes have always been genius. Sharp, funny, witty, inventive writing and animation with brilliant voice acting

With the exception of Space Jam, this is pretty much true.

Just now, The Futurist said:

You tube reviewers are lame period.

I only read reviews from scholars, educated and well dressed men & women based in L.A, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington, and New York working for the newspapers that told the world for 2 years that Trump was a racist, misogynist  clown that would never have his finger next to the atom bomb in his little White House.

Not in a million years.

I trust these people, they know their stuff, they are reliable, competent and hard working.

Who are these lazy youtube people anyway, because they see 50 blockbusters a year & like Batman, Star Wars & Iron Man, they think they can talk about all sorts of movies in interesting, insightful and eloquent ways ?

Leave movie reviews to professionals please.

so jeremy jahns is trump in your allegory?

• Haha 1