4.2M (-72%)

5.5M (+30%)

3.8M (-30%)

3.3M (-12%)

8.6M (+160%)

12M (+40%)

7.2M (-40%)

27.8M Weekend, 54% drop

Considering It nearly dropped 9% last week with two small-ish openers, it will more than likely drop over 10% on Thursday with a 40M+ opener and the loss of large formats. I'm expecting a better Saturday increase than last week, though.

mother!:

625k (-63%)

845k (+35%)

595k (-30%)

525k (-12%)

1.3M (+150%)

1.8M (+40%)

1.1M (-40%)

4.2M Weekend, 44% drop

Wait, a not shit hold for mother!? :ohmygod: Unless a lot of theaters are slashing showtimes substantially or the Friday increase is very bad, I don't think this is dropping over 55%.

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Is Kingsmen 2  really expected to open with 40 m plus? 

I have a feeling that It  will threepeat at the top...

IT will have to debut over Kingsman and Ninjago in order to threepeat and that's unlikely. I'm curious how it will hold up this weekend with its first taste in competition arriving with Kingsman and last weekend acting as some sort of makeup for the hurricane causing theaters to close on its opening weekend.

Anecdotal, but I've seen no interest in Kingsmen 2 from anyone I work with.  The reaction to the trailer for it on IT was actually just a couple of people mentioning they need to watch the first one cuz they heard it's good.  While this part is anecdotal it does seem to match the general lack of hype online. I was expecting the sequel to a well received film to be getting more response.  If WB had done a better job marketing Ninjago, I think it would have been poised to go over Kingsmen this weekend, considering there's been a lack of family films the past month.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

It:

4.2M (-72%)

5.5M (+30%)

3.8M (-30%)

3.3M (-12%)

8.6M (+160%)

12M (+40%)

7.2M (-40%)

27.8M Weekend, 54% drop

Considering It nearly dropped 9% last week with two small-ish openers, it will more than likely drop over 10% on Thursday with a 40M+ opener and the loss of large formats. I'm expecting a better Saturday increase than last week, though.

mother!:

625k (-63%)

845k (+35%)

595k (-30%)

525k (-12%)

1.3M (+150%)

1.8M (+40%)

1.1M (-40%)

4.2M Weekend, 44% drop

Wait, a not shit hold for mother!? :ohmygod: Unless a lot of theaters are slashing showtimes substantially or the Friday increase is very bad, I don't think this is dropping over 55%.

I wouldn't be surprised with a 70% drop due to the horrendous word of mouth, F cinemascore and associated bad press. Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sal said:

Anecdotal, but I've seen no interest in Kingsmen 2 from anyone I work with.  The reaction to the trailer for it on IT was actually just a couple of people mentioning they need to watch the first one cuz they heard it's good.  While this part is anecdotal it does seem to match the general lack of hype online. I was expecting the sequel to a well received film to be getting more response.  If WB had done a better job marketing Ninjago, I think it would have been poised to go over Kingsmen this weekend, considering there's been a lack of family films the past month.

The presales are strong enough for a 40M opening, but I don't think it'll get much higher than a 2.5x for a few reasons:

Reception is meh

October 13 and 20 combined have 9 wide releases, which will impact its TC

The long runtime will be an issue for some theaters once it loses secondary screens October 6

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I wouldn't be surprised with a 70% drop due to the horrendous word of mouth, F cinemascore and associated bad press. Lol

Just now, filmlover said:

Yeah, anyone hoping that mother! will see a drop less than 60% (and even that's probably being generous) this upcoming weekend is being overly optimistic.

We'll see how the Friday increase goes. If it has standard weekdays like I posted above, the drop won't be that bad.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

It:

4.2M (-72%)

5.5M (+30%)

3.8M (-30%)

3.3M (-12%)

8.6M (+160%)

12M (+40%)

7.2M (-40%)

27.8M Weekend, 54% drop

mother!:

625k (-63%)

845k (+35%)

595k (-30%)

525k (-12%)

1.3M (+150%)

1.8M (+40%)

1.1M (-40%)

4.2M Weekend, 44% drop

At this rate, it could hit 20m! :ohmygod: What a time to be alive!