aabattery

Jojo Rabbit | 18 OCT 2019 | WW2 Dramedy from ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE Taika Waititi | Taika Waititi is literally Hitler | 7 Oscars Noms Including Best Picture

48 minutes ago, filmlover said:

they seem confident in Ad Astra and Ford v Ferrari (whether they'll actually sell tickets is another story we'll have to wait and see about) but nothing else on the horizon.

FvF should have a good, leggy run; definitely gonna appeal to dads over the world and it's Bale's most outwardly commercial role in some time. Ad Astra I can't see making much of a dent financially though.

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

FvF should have a good, leggy run; definitely gonna appeal to dads over the world and it's Bale's most outwardly commercial role in some time. Ad Astra I can't see making much of a dent financially though.

I'm hopeful but at the same time cautious about FvF. FWIW I think Sony's gonna have the better luck in the quest to prove the non-franchise movie isn't dead yet between A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood and Little Women over the fall/holiday than Fox/Disney will with their two bets but would be very thrilled if all of these were thrilled only to silence the naysayers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

g2F8uYA.png

After finally watching Two Lovers and The Immigrant, I'm 110% in the James Gray train, but I don't wanna be disappointed like I was when Blade Runner 2049's box office came out 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric! said:

I'd love for both Ad Astra and Ford v Ferrari to land, but I just don't think Disney knows how to sell a movie that can also sell Happy Meals.

Finally!! Someone gets it......😄

Its like forcing Roland Emmerich  to direct a film with 15 million dollar budget....clueless...

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

Honestly, stories of there being nervousness (whether it's Disney or Fox past or present) surrounding this don't sound too blown out of proportion. Anything Hitler-centric is automatically gonna be a tough sell and face a ton of scrutiny. Everyone's just gonna have to wait and see how people respond to the movie, which we'll know when it makes its festival debut in a few weeks.

maybe serious Hitler stuff but poking fun at him went really well here:

sMQoX48.gif

and Jojo Hitler is even bigger gag than this one for he's a main supporting character and fully in the movie. Mind you, I haven't seen the movie so I don't know why that exec shat his pants but buzz coming out from advance screenings is through the roof and calls it a crowd pleaser. 

Hitler put the americans on the moon 50 years ago.

So be grateful.

Funny that the enabler would be cancelled today.

No Moon for you Muricans.

Life is about choices.

Choose your progress wisely.

Like Indy.

Edited by The Futurist

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

if taika wanted to actually be subversive he'd have cast ScarJo as hitler. that would've printed thinkpieces for months.

We're still gonna get a gazillion think-pieces when ScarJo gets double noms during Oscar season

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

We're still gonna get a gazillion think-pieces when ScarJo gets double noms during Oscar season

Her publicist has probably already specifically instructed her not to say something like she could've played Harriet Tubman over Cynthia Erivo during the promo tour for this or Marriage Story or during any of the roundtables throughout awards season lol.

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

if taika wanted to actually be subversive he'd have cast ScarJo as hitler. that would've printed thinkpieces for months.

Like only actual dictators should be allowed to portray Hitler.

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:32 AM, LawrenceBrolivier said:

It is bizarre to me that people think so poorly of their own audience they instinctively assume the nazi-friendly segment of it is THAT necessary to their financial success....

If you can't safely satirize Hitler because you're afraid you'll lose audience, maybe you don't deserve to have an audience at all. 

Christ there’s a lot of straw in that man. Obviously the concern is about offending anti-Hitler types who think it’s in poor taste, not offending pro-Hitler types.    

• Like 1

I don't think it's that obvious at all, considering the number of corporations featuring executives who very obviously value... to a considerable extent... the way racist money spends. That I would have assumed... as did more than a few other people in here, not sure why I got singled out here... an anonymous executive was worried about somehow offending right-wingers to the point they lose money on their product, isn't very far-fetched at all. It happens all the time here.

Look at the NFL, for example.