aabattery

Jojo Rabbit | 18 OCT 2019 | WW2 Dramedy from ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE Taika Waititi | Taika Waititi is literally Hitler | 7 Oscars Noms Including Best Picture

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Disney fucked up another fox film this year. Seems like the only financial and critical Fox hit this year is Ready or Not.

This is getting slight pushback, it'll still be 80+ on Metacritic I think. If this isn't the BP front-runner, then idk what will. Mr. Rogers? Marriage Story? OUATIH? Actually, if that last one wins Best Picture I'd be incredibly happy tbh

47 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Disney fucked up another fox film this year. Seems like the only financial and critical Fox hit this year is Ready or Not.

Why is Disney getting blamed for this getting divisive reactions? What exactly have they done thats affected any of the Fox movies released so far? Especially since they were all produced before the sale was final so Disney had little say in them. Plus the movie hasn’t even been released yet so we don’t know how it’ll do financially. If the movie had euphoric reactions, I’m sure you wouldn’t be praising Disney for it. I guess Disney is also responsible for Ford and Ferrari’s positive reactions then. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TMP said:

This is getting slight pushback, it'll still be 80+ on Metacritic I think. If this isn't the BP front-runner, then idk what will. Mr. Rogers? Marriage Story? OUATIH? Actually, if that last one wins Best Picture I'd be incredibly happy tbh

Nah, it's going to go into the 60s. More divisive than Joker and won't expect as many 100s.

I think Just Mercy will become the frontrunner. It's a relevant and important message film like Green Book (although Green Book was pretty misguided), Moonlight, and Spotlight.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 hour ago, Deja23 said:

Why is Disney getting blamed for this getting divisive reactions? What exactly have they done thats affected any of the Fox movies released so far? Especially since they were all produced before the sale was final so Disney had little say in them. Plus the movie hasn’t even been released yet so we don’t know how it’ll do financially. If the movie had euphoric reactions, I’m sure you wouldn’t be praising Disney for it. I guess Disney is also responsible for Ford and Ferrari’s positive reactions then. 

You Disney fanboys actually get pissed at these dumb little jokes lol.

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nah, it's going to go into the 60s. More divisive than Joker and won't expect as many 100s.

I think Just Mercy will become the frontrunner. It's a relevant and important message film like Green Book (although Green Book was pretty misguided), Moonlight, and Spotlight.

Just Mercy debuted with a 63 on MC and a 78% on RT. It ain’t a front-runner lmao, Joker is WB’s only play for a Best Picture nomination (unless TIFF loves Motherless Brooklyn)

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Just Mercy debuted with a 63 on MC and a 78% on RT. It ain’t a front-runner lmao, Joker is WB’s only play for a Best Picture nomination (unless TIFF loves Motherless Brooklyn)

Read what I said again. It's a message film. It's going to certainly attract voters just because it has such an important and relevant message even if it's forced and unsubtle. JoJo Rabbit on the other hand is being criticised for the message it's sending. I'm expecting Joker to get worse reviews after TIFF premiere.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Read what I said again. It's a message film. It's going to certainly attract voters just because it has such an important and relevant message even if it's forced and unsubtle. JoJo Rabbit on the other hand is being criticised for the message it's sending. I'm expecting Joker to get worse reviews after TIFF premiere.

Yeah but even Green Book debuted with a higher MC score. Just Mercy sounds even more basic than that film (albeit with way less controversy). Maybe OUATIH can win Picture? It's certainly the best film of the year so far in my heart.

• ...wtf 1

37 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I know I've only been posting the negative reactions in here (for the laffs) but there are plenty of people who did actually like this movie (and the message it sends!).

I would know because I spent way too much time trawling the latest tweets tab just so I could post the negative ones. Maybe it won't do anything come awards season (fingers crossed because I don't think I can take another six months of this Discourse) but I don't think it's quite as big a faceplant as you are making it out to be.

• Like 1