aabattery

Jojo Rabbit | 18 OCT 2019 | WW2 Dramedy from ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE Taika Waititi | Taika Waititi is literally Hitler | 7 Oscars Noms Including Best Picture

https://deadline.com/2018/09/taika-waititi-thor-guardians-of-the-galaxy-jojo-rabbit-tiff-1202461296/

In fact, he’s too busy prepping an animated film on Michael Jackson’s monkey Bubbles and finishing his World War II comedy Jojo Rabbit which stars himself and Scarlett Johansson. When will it be ready? “It’s a year away” said Waititi

Waititi stayed largely mum about Jojo Rabbit only stating that the film which he wrote seven years ago from Christine Leunens’ novel was about “a little boy who wants to be the Nazi he can, and he finds out that his mother his hiding a girl in the attic."

Asked by an audience member what it meant to be a Maori playing Adolf Hitler, Waititi beamed, “What better f**k you to that guy?!”

Now, I certainly didn't expect it, but judging from that shot, Taika Waititi is a surprisingly good actor for the role of Hitler. His films are always excellent so I'm certainly excited to see this. I'm glad it's coming out sometime this year; we generally need good movies to cap off a decade.