aabattery

Jojo Rabbit | 18 OCT 2019 | WW2 Dramedy from ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE Taika Waititi | Taika Waititi is literally Hitler | 7 Oscars Noms Including Best Picture

I don't know, I really dig marketing so far and think this could be a catnip for AMPAS. I also hope Scarlett wins for something, Actress (preferably) for Marriage Story or Supporting for Jojo Rabbit.  Could it happen, double nom for her and double nom (Director/Supporting Actor) for Taika? :thinking:

I won't watch the trailer but I hope taika has not sold out for this one like mentioned a couple pages back. The poster & what he has talked about the film previously do not give me hope.

fingers crossed it's a return to form after Thor Ragnarok though.

1 hour ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

movies for the media, and writers, are weird. 

why do the writers come up with all this stuff ?  are there only few writers?

There are many writers, but few who have the clout necessarily to attract the attention of the ones who hold positions of power in the media. But in the undercurrents below the mainstream media, there are many great writers who are creating a lot of beautiful stories, waiting for adventurous readers to find them in the large ocean of content.

3 hours ago, SLAM! said:

There are many writers, but few who have the clout necessarily to attract the attention of the ones who hold positions of power in the media. But in the undercurrents below the mainstream media, there are many great writers who are creating a lot of beautiful stories, waiting for adventurous readers to find them in the large ocean of content.

why do they choose those stories though?  it's so much to write.  do they actually take adapting that to the screen as a serious thing? 

it's just people and relationships.