aabattery

Jojo Rabbit | 18 OCT 2019 | WW2 Dramedy from ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE Taika Waititi | Taika Waititi is literally Hitler | 7 Oscars Noms Including Best Picture

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, Mulder said:

This feels like really bad timing for this kind of project tbh. I've got a lot of other issues with it but the timing rn is especially awful.

Nonsense. We need to be reminded of where authoritarian polical movments and fascism lead to now more then we haven in a long, long, time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

As stated, this has the potential to be really good, it also has the potential to be another "Day The Clown Cried".

yes, a Taika Waititi dramedy will end up locked away forever and never release to the public

Edited by That One Guy

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cannes-taika-waititi-talks-bubbles-what-we-do-shadows-spinoff-thor-1111003

Speaking in Cannes at the International Film Finance Forum presented by Winston Baker, together with actor-turned-director Paul Dano, the New Zealand filmmaker talked about his dark WWII comedy Jojo Rabbit, which stars Scarlett Johansson and Sam Rockwell and is due to start shooting in two weeks in Europe. 

“It’s really upbeat fun, it’s a heartfelt, dark comedy, I didn’t even have to pitch it to Fox Searchlight,” he said of the satire, in which a young boy longs to be a part of the Hitler Youth and whose imaginary friend is Adolf Hitler. “It’s really hard to pitch WWII movies, and then you say, don’t worry, it’s going to be funny.”

Production has started.

“I’m stoked to begin shooting my anti-war satire,” Waititi said in a statement. “We’ve assembled an incredible cast and I couldn’t be more excited to finally ridicule Nazis and their beliefs. This film is going to piss off a lot of racists and that makes me very happy.”

• Like 3