KeepItU25071906

Tuesday: IT 5,37 mln; Annabelle passed 100 m$ domestic

The Conjuring franchise now has its third movie making over 100M DOM, with A:C - which is, btw, the 2nd horror prequel of all time to pull that feat off (after Paranormal Activity 3), and only the fourth horror franchise successor to do it (after Scream 2, PA3 and The Conjuring 2) - joining both main series Conjuring flicks. The 1st Annabelle also grossed 80M+.

James Wan and WB/NL turned a horrifying low budget horror series into a bonefide semi-tentpole franchise that is easily one of the most profitable around. Beastly stuff.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 3

That's about a 27% increase for it. It seems that because it's playing in IMAX the increases and hopefully decreases on Wednesday will not be that extreme. It looks like this is going to definitely play as more of a weekend film as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

That's about a 27% increase for it. It seems that because it's playing in IMAX the increases and hopefully decreases on Wednesday will not be that extreme. It looks like this is going to definitely play as more of a weekend film as well.

has anyone seen IT in IMAX.  I was curious if it was worth it.  I may catch it one more time which would be viewing #4 and if I do, I may do something different since I already saw it at a drive in, as well

• Like 1

Just now, 75Live said:

has anyone seen IT in IMAX.  I was curious if it was worth it.  I may catch it one more time which would be viewing #4 and if I do, I may do something different since I already saw it at a drive in, as well

I have. I've also seen it on a regular screen and I'm not really sure what the difference is. I just enjoyed the movie so much that it really didn't matter to me if it was on IMAX or regular screen.

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I have. I've also seen it on a regular screen and I'm not really sure what the difference is. I just enjoyed the movie so much that it really didn't matter to me if it was on IMAX or regular screen.

Thanks for the info.  Yeah I didn't think it would add much to it either, but figured I would ask, so I appreciate it :)  

that will save me money too :P 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Twice on the SuperScreen, bigger than IMAX and it was so loud lol. Gorgeous film. 

Congratulations to Annabelle Creation, fully deserved! My second favourite horror of the year and such a huge leap up from Annabelle 2014. 

• Like 1