KeepItU25071906

Tuesday: IT 5,37 mln; Annabelle passed 100 m$ domestic

12 hours ago, LonePirate said:

The success of IT has changed nothing as of yet, let alone producing an impact for years.

Also, you're now trying to use "a story" instead of "the story" to define the discussion and that distinction is significant. That's fine except the starting point was the post with "the box office stories" text. I wasn't arguing the "a story" point that you have now pivoted to here. Please feel free to continue discussing the "a story" subject. I may chime in again if you complete the 360 and return to "the story" discussion.

What did BATB change? Reaffirm that Disney remakes make a lot of money? Surely nothing people clearly didn't know after Alice, Maleficent, Cinderella and TJB all made monster cash *sarcasm*.

Box office wise, It is easily a bigger story. BATB was expected to pull its kind of numbers by plenty of people, while It had top of the line predictions at high 100's, some cracking 200, and it's going to demolish that, despite being a 30M budget R-rated horror movie with zero starpower in September. Deadpool wasn't 2016's highest grossing film, but it sure was the most memorable story BO wise. 

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

2017>>>>2016 for me.

What was even the biggest "surprise" of 2016. I am sure it doesn't stand a chance against IT,Get Out or even Wonder Woman.

Dp? Zootp 341? then tjb over Zootp? then Slop over tjb?

7 hours ago, a2knet said:

Despite loosing premium screens a 55% drop is not likely for IT this weekend. It could have another close to 50% drop though for 29-31 (which is a 48-52% drop from 60).

Feel like that 3rd weekend drop for mother! is a bit optimistic (at -40%). It's gonna take a hit in theater count gong by it's small numbers.

I think It's drop will be closer to 55% than 50%. It's been having worse holds than last week, and as you mentioned, it loses large formats. 

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

To IT?  I don't think you understand, but there won't be a third part.

I think he meant Annabelle. To which I say: who knows, will there even be one to begin with? What else can you do with the doll?

Also, @FantasticBeasts, Deadpool is a bigger surprise than anything this year except It imo. Get Out and Wonder Woman were formidable stories, but Deadpool is a whole new level of pure shock.

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I think he meant Annabelle. To which I say: who knows, will there even be one to begin with? What else can you do with the doll?

Also, @FantasticBeasts, Deadpool is a bigger surprise than anything this year except It imo. Get Out and Wonder Woman were formidable stories, but Deadpool is a whole new level of pure shock.

Hmmm, I’d say Deadpools opening weekend was the shock, not its overall run. 

I’d say Wonder Woman’s overall run was more surprising. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hmmm, I’d say Deadpools opening weekend was the shock, not its overall run. 

I’d say Wonder Woman’s overall run was more surprising. 

Yeah, I guess you can say WW has the edge in terms of legs, and Deadpool opening-wise. Albeit nobody expected Deadpool to open as big as it did, and by proxy nobody expected it to reach 360M+, so by default I find it more shocking. I know it's hard to believe many months after the fact, but I was always on the Wonder Woman 100M+ OW/300M+ DOM bandwagon - but I definitely never expected it to make 400M+ or outgross every superhero movie except The Avengers 1/2 and The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises.

Edited by MCKillswitch123