WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

RT Audience scores:

Battle of the Sexes: 62% (don't know how much the MRAs are affecting this because the IMDb score is low too)

lol goddamnit Internet. 

But yeah, go to the trailers on YouTube and you'll find a bunch of comments calling it "misandrist propaganda." :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

This might finish lower than the first one domestically, but higher worldwide. I want a third movie.

The first one had a pretty great worldwide outcome. If this one makes even more, a third is guaranteed.

In fact, is this one doesn't even match it but drops by a few million ww, they should still make a third one.

• Like 1

There's no way to spin this. That mid night number isn't exactly a good one. But to be honest, I'm not surprised. I didn't see much hype for this movie and that's saying something because the first one was pretty well liked. 

I wouldn't be shocked if this missed $35M 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

One of the biggest things going against Kingsman's legs is the amount of October releases. It'll be out of midsize theaters by October 20.

Most of October's releases aren't gonna make much, though. Blade Runner is the only one that feels like a hit. Happy Death Day is the only release on the 13th that will make anything.

Edited by filmlover

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

One of the biggest things going against Kingsman's legs is the amount of October releases. It'll be out of midsize theaters by October 20.

Safe to say that Kingsman is going to make most of it's money by October 20, and it's fate will be decided long before that date.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not sure why people might be assuming that WOM isnt going to be great

How much difference does it make for most movie's OW?

Only a handful of movies have the "I know you have plans but holy shit you gotta see this" reaction.

Usually movies people rush out to see a second time like The Avengers.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Most of October's releases aren't gonna make much, though. Blade Runner is the only one that feels like a hit. Happy Death Day is the only release on the 13th that will make anything.

Doesn't matter; theaters will be required to keep the 4 releases from the 13th and the 5 on the 20th. Kingsman won't be able to hang onto those screens.

11 minutes ago, kitik said:

The first one had a pretty great worldwide outcome. If this one makes even more, a third is guaranteed.

In fact, is this one doesn't even match it but drops by a few million ww, they should still make a third one.

I wonder what the next one could be.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

John Wick 2: (Feb) $2.2m/ $30.4m  (13.8x)

Boune 5 (July) : $4.3/ 59.2 (13.7x)

If it behaves more like an action sequel than a CBM (is there a CB Kigsman fan base?) could still hit mid 40s

I think it's closer to action sequel than CBM....but it's not gonna have those kind of multipliers I don't think. Something like 11.5x or something I think is fairly reasonable

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Deadline article is predicting Ninjago and It to both be between 25-30M :jeb!: 

This LEGO movie was clearly sold as much more of a "kids only" affair than the others (the lackluster reviews aren't helping either) so this hardly seems surprising.

• Like 2