WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

John Wick 2: (Feb) $2.2m/ $30.4m  (13.8x)

Boune 5 (July) : $4.3/ 59.2 (13.7x)

If it behaves more like an action sequel than a CBM (is there a CB Kigsman fan base?) could still hit mid 40s

I think the length of this one hurt it for Thursday night.  Also the Thursday Night Football game was the new LA Rams vs the San Francisco 49ers (major West coast markets)...and it was a really entertaining game.  I'm not ready to go doom and gloom on this Thursday number just yet.  

Based on other preview numbers, 40 looks doable. Probably not much higher. I mean it could be massively frontloaded (sequel, bad RT), but I wouldn't count out 40s yet.

50% RT isn't even that bad, more mixed than bad.

Also I'd imagine these kind of action flicks are critic proof along with family films like Ninjago.

On Ninjago...

My boys are feeling itchy to go to a movie again and asked what's around...they expressed an interest in Ninjago, but not a "Mom we have to see this right now"...they don't want to wait for Justice League and Star Wars (which are high on their lists if the movies are okay for them to see), but they are lukewarm on Ninjago and don't know if that's what will bring them in.  I offered Emoji and Nut Job at the $2 cheap theater and got a resounding "NO!!!"  So, now it's "do I take them to a movie they kinda like" or "do I just have them wait for the big hitters they want and go apple picking or trampoline jumping?"

I admit I'm not really dying to see Ninjago...so, I'm leaning against - and again, this is another time that critical and audience reviews (plus other poster's reviews on this forum), plus my own preview watching and boys' interest level are playing into my desire to see...I mean Ninjago doesn't start in my wheelhouse, b/c I don't really love martial arts movies anyway, let alone the Lego version:)...the previews were Meh...and now pretty much the reviews by everyone (critics, posters, audience) match the previews...

Maybe I should be thankful this isn't another DM3 situation, where I had to watch a crappy, lazy movie b/c my boys were so into it:)...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Nova said:

There's no way to spin this. That mid night number isn't exactly a good one. But to be honest, I'm not surprised. I didn't see much hype for this movie and that's saying something because the first one was pretty well liked. 

I wouldn't be shocked if this missed $35M 

Maybe the first one is one of those films like Clash of the Titans and Now You See Me  that were perfectly enjoyable diversions that really didn't need to have their stories expanded into sequels. 

• Like 1