Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

CJohn

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales | May 26, 2017 | It's better than "On Stranger Tides", I guess

The scripts weren't even finished when they started shooting the movies. I blame Disney for that since they wanted to rush the Pirates sequels out to make as much money ASAP.The first movie is the best, the second is good too (mostly for the action), and the third movie has since good ideas but went on for too long.I liked OST, but it could have been better. I'm hoping the writers ditch all the characters except for Jack, who meets up with completely new characters in the next movie. It works better if Jack is the only the character that appears in each movie like Indiana Jones in his first two movies. They should have done that from the start. Will and Elizabeth really should have just been only in the first movie. I can't believe how annoying they got in the sequels.

POTC should had stopped at 1. But it didn't and mediocre sequel after mediocre sequel made money.

Yup.

The scripts weren't even finished when they started shooting the movies. I blame Disney for that since they wanted to rush the Pirates sequels out to make as much money ASAP.The first movie is the best, the second is good too (mostly for the action), and the third movie has since good ideas but went on for too long.I liked OST, but it could have been better.I'm hoping the writers ditch all the characters except for Jack, who meets up with completely new characters in the next movie. It works better if Jack is the only the character that appears in each movie like Indiana Jones in his first two movies. They should have done that from the start. Will and Elizabeth really should have just been only in the first movie. I can't believe how annoying they got in the sequels.

Amen. Although I like Barbossa and thought his plot was the best in OST.

Franchise needs to die. It was exciting at one time but it has more than worn out its welcome at this point.

There will be another Pirates movie. The Disney stockholders will demand this movie get made. :lol:

Love all of them, but the fourth one was missing something that made the first three more "epic". Oh yeah, GORE VERBINSKI.

• Like 1

looking forward to this a lot. I might be the only one in the world but I liked OST. I thought it was a good return to form to the series after Pirates 3

I had a lot of fun with OST, I think it was the lowered expectations. Plus if Depp and Rush are willing to do another then I'm in.

DVD sales are failing as a whole people are Red-boxing and Netflixing instead. The fourth pirates was awful nothing like the previous and the franchise is loosing interest you can see it in the BO performance. While 241M dom is very good it's not up to par with this franchise considering the 4 year anticipation and 3D ticket prices forced upon viewers.The next one will open lower and dye sooner probably won't even cross 200M. However overseas will carry it to 7-800M easy OS BO doesn't count for much last I checked.Then if you consider as stated above the dyeing DVD industry and possible Gross points given to Depp and other key players with the enormous budget required, Pirates may not look as good on paper anymore. While still possibly profitable not as enticing.

Edited by Thisguy

What planet are your from? OS super-boxoffice guarantees sequels. OS is now the bread and butter of tentpoles.

• Like 1

Not to americans^^

Please no Pirates 5!!

Theres no stopping it...