grim22

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies | WB | July 27 2018 | Animated movie

5 minutes ago, Morieris said:

The yearly Animated Feature to be Mass Shat Upon. I was wondering where one might be for 2018.

Incredibles 2 should have some nice legs, since it should likely be the only good animated film in the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, Cochofles said:

And watch as it becomes a smash.

I bet this will be a better TT product than the TV show they are making.

TTG is basically CN's Spongebob. If they put in a CGI element like SOOW I can see $100M.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

Nah, I think it'll be CU to Smallfoot's Boss Baby.

Smallfoot I don't think is doing much more than say Goosebumps numbers. TTG can go far even though it will likely be WAG's worst film.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

A cutesyfied remake of the Teen Titans show of the mid 2000s.
The fury it incites in people is kind of amazing.

I watched it and it's amusing for what is it but a feature film could get tiresome. Surprised they went for a feature film rather than a DTV film. 

Just now, Cochofles said:

And watch as it becomes a smash.

I bet this will be a better TT product than the TV show they are making.

I wouldn't be so sure, I imagine it'll be a longer version of the episodes.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

TTG is basically CN's Spongebob. If they put in a CGI element like SOOW I can see $100M.

I'm not sure they'll have CGI elements if the budget is less than $20-25m. SpongeBob 2 cost $74m in comparison although that did have live action elements.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The show is all kinds of fucking garbage.

I can already tell this'll be worse than Ninjago unless someone good like Lord and Miller steps in. It can be there Emoji/Minions. The show is honestly worse than anything Illumination put out in terms of pandering.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 4

Just now, YourMother said:

I can already tell this'll be worse than Ninjago unless someone good like Lord and Miller steps in. It can be there Emoji/Minions.

I assume it's a WAG film in name only, I imagine it's being made by WBA who handle the TV series. It seems like an inexpensive project to boost the TV series and merchandise sales. I wonder if it'll even use the WAG branding

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

I don't care how well this does.

I predict that if the budget is between $10-$15 million it can bring in a modest profit for WB. However, this is the first time I have heard of such a project. It may not even be ready for 2018.

I imagine it's been in the works for a while alongside the next season of TTG so it'll ready by the summer. 

The Teen Titans brand is a goldmine that WB needs to take advantage ASAP.

TTG is an iconic, beloved show and the Perez/Wolfman comics are deservedly legendary.

Play your cards right, WB, and you will reap those benefits forevah...

I'd rather see this than the millionth Spidey or Bats assembly-line product...

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

I imagine it's been in the works for a while alongside the next season of TTG so it'll ready by the summer. 

I don't even know why I typed that. TTG has the same animation quality as Johnny Test. Your comment makes so much sense, now that I realize what we're actually discussing.

Just now, YourMother said:

I am against this. This is going to be shit. The sad thing about this is it can do decent business throughout the summer. It can even outgross Smallfoot for WAG's top animation of the year.

We can't say TTG wil outgross Smallfoot until we see a trailer for both. Ninjago doing poorly isn't a sign WAG's original films are doomed. 

• Like 1