grim22

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies | WB | July 27 2018 | Animated movie

1 minute ago, NoobSaibot said:

I don't even know why I typed that. TTG has the same animation quality as Johnny Test. Your comment makes so much sense, now that I realize what we're actually discussing.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was like Planes where it was meant for DTV then upgraded for a theatrical release.

Just now, filmlover said:

This will probably do about as well as that animated Star Wars movie that nobody cared about did.

That had a budget of $8.5m and made $68m WW, not bad for a film that essentially four episodes stitched together.

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I am against this. This is going to be shit. The sad thing about this is it can do decent business throughout the summer. It can even outgross Smallfoot for WAG's top animation of the year.

Ya'll bugging. TTG is one of the best animated shows on tv right now. If it's anything like the show it'll blow past 100m

Edited by DlAMONDZ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

We can't say TTG wil outgross Smallfoot until we see a trailer for both. Ninjago doing poorly isn't a sign WAG's original films are doomed. 

It's not just Ninjago. It's Storks, it's LOTG, it's Dolphin Tale. Warner's September family films have never gone over $100M domestic. Ninjago had the best chance and arguably most advantageous and that failed badly.

For the record I'm thinking $70M-$80M for both of WAGs films.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

This isn't really releasing in a good spot. Older audiences loathe the show, and Disney's Christopher Robin film comes out the next week. Plus, mothers and daughters have Barbie a few weeks later.

I can't imagine WB see it as a huge blockbuster. It's probably a fairly inexpensive movie that will act as a driver for the TV series and merchandise. It'll probably be airing on Cartoon Network forever as part of TTG marathons.

• Like 3

Just now, Deja23 said:

I'd be more interested if they were making a Teen Titans movie, since I really liked that show. Clearly there's an audience for this, since it's getting a movie. Maybe it'll be better than the show.

Unless they get talent like Lord and Miller, it'll be trash.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

If this is anything like the show it'll get a 10% on Rotten Tomatoes

I'm thinking more like Emoji. So sub 10%.

• Like 1

My boys LOVE the show...even my girls are still amused...

That being said...I'd have to think long and hard about paying full price movie tickets for this...2nd run $2 tickets - fine.  But, $13 each?  Yeah, I'm gonna have the boys watch more of the tv show (which is exactly like Spongebob meets supers - there is nothing serious about this show and it can be both intentionally and unintentionally very funny)...

That being said, it IS a good move to put it in the barren 2018 summer animation schedule - at least it's not a sequel...

EDIT - I would buy tickets for 1/2 off...so if you're listening movie marketers...better have those Fandango/Atom deals ready for this...

Edited by TwoMisfits

When I saw this in the forum, there were a few split seconds of disbelief before I set my phone down and attempted to calm myself down.

On the bright side, this shouldn't be taking too much time and effort away from other films. We're at least getting something original like Smallfoot next year. So I can't say I'm too mad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Unless they get talent like Lord and Miller, it'll be trash.

I'm thinking more like Emoji. So sub 10%.

I'm not sure how much RT will matter for a movie like this. Emoji Movie still did pretty well despite its score. Again, they have a built in audience for this and as long as they keep it tied with the show (which it appears Ninjago didn't really do), it should be fine. I'm not interested in it, and likely won't see it as the only kid I'm around doesn't watch/like TTG.

• Like 1

Just now, cax16 said:

You'll get a live action version soon enough, no need to worry. 

nah I don't care, I just think the show sucks and making a movie will only take up screen space at my theater..

...plus I'll probably end up seeing it out of morbid curiosity and I wanna avoid that at ALL COSTS.

• Like 3