grim22

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies | WB | July 27 2018 | Animated movie

1 hour ago, Jandrew said:

My Little Pony failed because it's extremely awkward for a grown man to walk up to the theater and say "one adult for My Little Pony please." 

Certainly moreso if it doesn't have good reviews to make them feel less uncomfortable about it; which was possible imo if it had even a quarter of the show's wit and creativity.

From what I've seen of TTG though it looks more like the self-contained appeal of a Simpsons or Spongebob episode than something like Hey Arnold or MLP which have more of a dramatic undercurrent that makes them more susceptible to criticism when they screw up. The movie may get crappy reviews but I don't imagine that will stop any fans from showing up for it. 

Edited by tribefan695

The poster is cool enough and that teaser was funny. I expected for this to do something around 60-70m, but it might actually have a chance to be a decent sized hit. The humor seems to be Lego-esque so this might actually attract some adult viewers too. 

Maybe 35/115/280m WW?

Just now, James said:

The poster is cool enough and that teaser was funny. I expected for this to do something around 60-70m, but it might actually have a chance to be a decent sized hit. The humor seems to be Lego-esque so this might actually attract some adult viewers too. 

Maybe 35/115/280m WW?

This movie isn't IT. It's not going to make anywhere near that amount domestically or worldwide. But it could make a nice chunk of change if this film has a micro budget...

I'm gonna go ahead and predict this makes $35-45M DOM. Movies based off cartoons only tend to really break out if the original show is a real pop culture phenomenon, which is how I would describe shows like Spongebob and Rugrats. TTG may be the most popular show on CN right now, but I still see its popularity being closer to shows like The Wild Thornberrys or Hey Arnold. And I really don't see this breaking out of its existing fanbase. If anything, I expect there to be dozens of articles and Youtube videos comparing it to The Emoji Movie (and yes, I think the performance of The Emoji Movie played a big part in WB choosing this release date). 

But it will probably still be a win for Warner Bros. I can't imagine it having that high a budget, considering how cheap the show looks. In fact, I think that's what I'm most interested in about the movie at this point: How much of a jump the animation quality takes compared to the show. 

Edited by Blipsy
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Mask of the Phantasm > any of the Nolan crap. Or really any other Batman movie. That movie is soooooooooooo good

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and Under the Red Hood are up there too. I have a soft spot for Subzero as well. SM2 helped itself to BTAS's characterisation of Mr. Freeze for its take on Doc Ock. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

This movie isn't IT. It's not going to make anywhere near that amount domestically or worldwide. But it could make a nice chunk of change if this film has a micro budget...

Maybe DOM but WW will likely be say Ninjago WW Numbers ($125M WW).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaz said:

This show has got to be popular, it plays on a constant loop on Cartoon Network.

Kids eat it up. It's hilarious and inspiring to see little tweens battlling it out in YouTube comments section against grown ass men coming to bash the show.

gK99hTY.gif

It's another matter whether a large number of them can pester their parents enough to buy movie tickets vs. just watching the show on CN for free. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

Kids eat it up. It's hilarious and inspiring to see little tweens battlling it out in YouTube comments section against grown ass men coming to bash the show.

ConsiderateInconsequentialAfricanrockpyt

It's another matter whether a large number of them can pester their parents enough to buy movie tickets vs. just watching the show on CN for free. 

Depends on the animation quality jump. This summer is barren for big family movies outside of  TI2.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and Under the Red Hood are up there too. I have a soft spot for Subzero as well. SM2 helped itself to BTAS's characterisation of Mr. Freeze for its take on Doc Ock. 

BTAS (and the Arkham games by extentsion) do Mr. Freeze so fucking well. Return of the Joker is very good, but I haven't seen Under the Red Hood.

Batman vs Two-Face is also good because West vs Shatner trying to out ham each other

• Like 1

Well, it's pretty much what I expected. Some decent meta-humor mixed in with really obvious kiddie humor. And the only thing that seems to have improved about the animation in the backgrounds. 

At least it's a new 2D animated movie getting a wide release...

• Like 3