KeepItU25071906

Monday: IT 1,9 mln

Jeepers Creepers 3 reserved seating report

Here are a bunch of reserved seating reports.  I am going to take a long nap and try to update this before 7pm.

Southern California theaters only.  Full capacity includes handicap reservations.  All prices are $12.50 except for one location at $10 which is shown.

Medium Regal

7:00 - 64/72

7:00 - 19/72

Medium Cinemark #1

7:00 - 52/71

Medium Edwards

7:00 - 69/81

Medium Cinemark #2

7:00 - 95/101

9:30 - 90/101

11:00 - 81/101

Medium Cinemark #3 ($10)

6:30 - 83/89

Large Cinemark #4

7:00 - 137/208

7:00 - 155/201

Medium AMC #1

7:00 - 88/93

7:00 - 16/97

Medium AMC #2

7:00 - 34/34

7:00 - 11/77 (just added)

Large Harkins (Mall)

7:00 - 125/137

7:00 - 70/109

7:00 - 96/137

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Also Apes was expected to make 700 m.

POTC5 was expected to make over 800 m.

Ditto for Transformers 5.

Expectations don't mean shit.

SMH could've flopped just like any other movie.

Ok, let's return from the land of sunshine and rainbows.  And time to get real.  None of those films had the most popular character in film starring in it for the first time.  Give Marvel credit for putting Stark in it, but let's not pretend that SMH would have done this well without Stark.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

So you're saying if ASM2 had Tony Stark for 15 minutes it would've made almost 900 m?

Lmao.

If Spider-Man was in the first Avengers movie as a cameo and then they said oh by the way Tony Stark is starring in the sequel,  yes.  Actually,  It probably would have made more than this one did.  Stark was in higher demand even then than he is now and ASM2 received poor reviews and still went on to make $700M.  Spider-Man is a tier one hero and Stark is a tier one character. There's a reason why many expectations had this at over a billion.  Anything under a billion to me for this movie is good/solid....  not amazing.  

58 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Ok, let's return from the land of sunshine and rainbows.  And time to get real.  None of those films had the most popular character in film starring in it for the first time.  Give Marvel credit for putting Stark in it, but let's not pretend that SMH would have done this well without Stark.

It's impossible to say how much Iron Man added to the gross but if you think a 15 minute cameo with Iron Man will add 200-300 m to any MCU film's gross regardless of quality then I think you're being naive at best.

It's not 2012 or 2014.

Iron Man 4 ain't making 1.3 billion. 

A quasi Avengers movie can't even hit 1.2 billion.

• Thanks 1

Let's say Sony made a sub par ASM3.

Judging from how selective audiences were this summer, we'd be looking at 500 m WW at best. POTC5 and TF5 dropped 30-40 percent.

You think cramming Iron Man in there for 15 minutes would add 400 m?

Lmao, denial aint just a river in Egypt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, grey ghost said:

It's impossible to say how much Iron Man added to the gross but if you think a 15 minute cameo with Iron Man will add 200-300 m to any MCU film's gross regardless of quality then I think you're being naive at best.

It's not 2012 or 2014.

Iron Man 4 ain't making 1.3 billion. 

A quasi Avengers movie can't even hit 1.2 billion.

Then colour me naive.

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Let's say Sony made a sub par ASM3.

Judging from how selective audiences were this summer, we'd be looking at 500 m WW at best. POTC5 and TF5 dropped 30-40 percent.

You think cramming Iron Man in there for 15 minutes would add 400 m?

Lmao, denial aint just a river in Egypt.

No but there would've been a boost.

Jeepers Creepers 3 reserved seating report

I got back to this 15 minutes before start time, so the numbers should be fairly accurate. 

This report covers 9 locations in the Southern California area.  Tickets were $12.50 each except for one location that had it at $10.  In about three locations, there was student discounts etc., but I calculate max price and assume any difference is made with walkups after start time (which I would have no way of seeing). 

Regal #1 - Two medium sized theaters, each started at 7:00.  Each theater houses 72 occupants including handicapped spots.  The final numbers were 64/72 and 43/72.  The combined number of the two prints playing at 7:00 at this particular location is 107 sold out of 144 spots available.  The tickets were $12.50 each.  The total amount spent at this Regal location for Tuesday , September 26th, was $1,337.50.  This theater averaged $668.75 per print. 

Edwards #1 -  One medium sized theater, one print, started at 7:00.  The theater houses 81 occupants.  The number was 71/81 and the ticket price was $12.50.  The total amount spent at this Edwards location for Tuesday, September 26th, was $887.50.

Harkins #1 - This Harkins mall always does extreme business at the wierdest times.  I guess I would have to scout out this theater someday to understand what the hell goes on there.  There were 3 prints playing at 7:00 p.m.  Two large theaters and one medium.  The numbers were 123/137, 79/109, and 100/137.  The combined numbers for the three showtimes was 302/383 and a total amount spent of $3,775.  The average per print of the three showtimes was $1,258.33.

AMC #1 - This AMC theater is a spot I always look for horror sell outs.  This time, it did not stick.  I was expecting many prints for this location.  A neighboring AMC is running about 5 prints for Jeepers Creepers 3.  This location showed 2 prints, each at 7:00 p.m.  The first showtime was a small theater and sold out in advance its occupancy of 34 seats.  The second showtime got added earlier this afternoon, replacing Hitman's Bodyguard 7:30 show.  Its final # was 48/77.  The combined number for the two shows was 82/111 for a total spent of $1,025.  The average between the two prints was $512.50. 

AMC #2 - Two medium sized theaters, each started at 7:00.  The numbers were 88/93 and 69/97 for a combined total of 157/190.  The total spent at this location was $1,962.50.  The average spent per print was $981.25.

Cinemark #1 - One 7pm showing on one medium sized screen.  56 people showed up for the 71 seat capacity.  The amount spent was $700 for this single print/showtime.

Cinemark #2 - This one might have had a typo.  The start time was earlier at 6:30 pm and the Fathom Event cost was a flat $10.  I could not get a final number for this, but my earlier number was 83/89.  Assume the 6 open seats were for handicapped slots and this one was a clean sellout.  $830 spent there.

Cinemark #3 - Here is another theater I would like to visit someday.  Sometimes I will look and this place always seems barren with so many large theaters.  However, sometimes it is the complete opposite.  The case tonight would be of the latter.  This observation was about the same as when I glanced at Rings back in Winter.  3 prints were showed there tonight.  Two started at 7pm, and one at 7:30.  All were large theaters.  The numbers at 7pm were as follows:  162/208 and 158/201.  The number that I got at 7:20pm for the 7:30 showing was 118/170.  For the three showings at this location (Baldwin Hills), the combined numbers were 438/579.  I wonder if this theater had a giant entry door poster countdown or something.  The total amount spent here today was $5,475 and a print average of $1,825.

Cinemark #4 - The last one being reported is a place that seems famous for late night horror sell outs.  No matter the movie, it seems there will be a sellout after 10pm.  I would also like to visit this place someday (Downey).  There was a 7:00 showtime, a 9:30 showtime, and two more for 11:00 and 11:15.  The 7pm and 930 showtimes are of the same print.  Same theater.  The 11:00 and 11:15 showtimes are different theaters.  Here are the numbers.

7:00 - 95/101

9:30 - 93/101 - It ended up saying Sold Out before 7:00.  This theater has 8 handicapped spots so I am going to go with 93. 

11:00 - 93/100 at 7:55 pm with one non-handicap spot remaining.  I am reporting the final number at 94/100.

11:15 - 43/63 as of 7:57 pm with 13 non-handicap spots remaining.  I am reporting the final number at 56/63.

The total numbers are 338/365 with $4,225 spent.

The average for the 3 prints is $1,408.33, but the average for each of the four showtimes is $1,056.25.

FINAL NUMBERS

9 locations.  18 prints.  19 showtimes.  2,013 seats available. 

Final total spent = $20,217.50

PTA = $2,246

print average = $1,123

showtime average = $1,064.

Assumption:  1,000 prints shown nationwide = 1.123 million Tuesday.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with saying IT's legs aren't great because that doesn't diminish the amount of records it already broke nor the fact that it's one of the biggest box office stories in the past couple of years. The Opening Weekend already sealed its fate with that unless it had BvS legs. 

And as for SMH it's going to fall in where more people thought it would be before release but I do wonder if the same people calling $330M+ an average performance thought it was going to reach that mark after the 62% drop. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Nothing wrong with saying IT's legs aren't great because that doesn't diminish the amount of records it already broke nor the fact that it's one of the biggest box office stories in the past couple of years. The Opening Weekend already sealed its fate with that unless it had BvS legs. 

And as for SMH it's going to fall in where more people thought it would be before release but I do wonder if the same people calling $330M+ an average performance thought it was going to reach that mark after the 62% drop. 

Spoilers: 

They didn't. Only me, @TwoMisfits, @ZeeSoh and maybe @Zakiyyah6 thought it was going to do that. 

It run is insane. It's doing literal insane numbers for a Rated R film, but it's not topping Homecoming, let alone Deadpool. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Also Apes was expected to make 700 m.

POTC5 was expected to make over 800 m.

Ditto for Transformers 5.

Expectations don't mean shit.

SMH could've flopped just like any other movie.

SMH has also recovered fairly well, considering that some were already throwing it off after its second weekend. It's done well.

On the domestic front, SMH did slightly better than expected; on the overseas front, it did what everyone expected. When accounted IM's boost, the goodwill from his first appearance in CW, the fact he's probably the most popular superhero and the wasteland that was July and August. All in, I would say it did all right. 

Edited by Goffe
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

Spoilers: 

They didn't. Only me, @TwoMisfits, @ZeeSoh and maybe @Zakiyyah6 thought it was going to do that. 

It run is insane. It's doing literal insane numbers for a Rated R film, but it's not topping Homecoming, let alone Deadpool. 

It's not topping DEADPOOL, but HOMECOMING? I'd say there's a good chance of the late legs are really good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

On the domestic front, SMH did slightly better than expected; on the overseas front, it did what everyone expected. When accounted IM's boost, the goodwill from his first appearance in CW, the fact he's probably the most popular superhero and the wasteland that was July and August. All in, I would say it did all right. 

If only China stopped pulling 90% of the prints after week 1.

12 hours ago, LonePirate said:

IT will likely finish with legs somewhere in the 2.6-2.8 range, which is a healthy multiplier for a horror film. I think people are unfairly expecting ridiculous multipliers after Split and Get Out. IT was never going to be a WOM giant given its massive OW. It's going to be a long time before we see another horror movie open north of $100M or cross $300M domestically.

September 2019

:redcapes: