grim22

MIB International | June 14 2019 | F Gary Gray directing | Hemsworth, Ferguson, Neeson, Thompson and Thompson

On 10/20/2018 at 10:33 PM, Alli said:

Hems better hope this is a success. If not, i don't see studios giving him other tentpoles. And with Thor over, i can't see him nabbing character roles in indie films. He's made for big budget movies, but so far they haven't panned out

He was excellent in Bad Times at the El Royale, too bad that one flopped, it was really a great movie.

Just now, JGAR4LIFE said:

So is it a sequel or a reboot?

sequel. emma thompson's apparently playing the same part she played in the third one (which i forgot she was in until looking it up right now). i'm sure there's gonna be a nod to the original cast members. hopefully a Shalhoub cameo.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

The budget is around $150M as I heard from some international studios who may invest it.

Without surprise that a massive (and good idea Imo) budget cut.

in 2018 dollar

Men in black 3, net production budget: 270M

Specially if we consider how little if any first dollar gross this project will have (maybe just Spielberg), MIB 3 had a break even point a budget + participation bonus of 335m, 368m adjusted.

This movie could cost a break even point just 40-50% of a prime Will Smith one.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

MIB 3 was a crazy shoot, very difficult to complete, if I remember correctly with Smith shenanigans and whatnot.

The movie basically kiilled Smith reputation with studios then the movie after that killed cool Willie.

1-2 punch and all that good will was gone.