grim22

MIB International | June 14 2019 | F Gary Gray directing | Hemsworth, Ferguson, Neeson, Thompson and Thompson

59 minutes ago, Hejira said:

Isn't Rebecca Ferguson supposed to be in this? How come she's not in the trailer at all?

50 minutes ago, Alli said:

yeah what is this fuckery

Wow. Did you not notice she's playing the alien at 2:10? I am now the biggest Rebecca Fergie stan.

Edited by MrPink

8 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Wow. Did you not notice she's playing the alien at 2:10? I am now the biggest Rebecca Fergie stan.

Wtf at them hiding her in that crap hair and makeup. I didn't notice her either before reading it here.

Edited by CJohn
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I find it so odd, these studios think Will Smith is so easily replaceable. He's still one of the biggest movie stars on the planet and the sole reason things like Independence Day and MIB even became hits.  They will find this out when this film underperforms too.

It's missing him and all the cool alien shit. Where are all the aliens? All I see is a bunch of generic looking action shots that look like they could be from any mediocre big budget popcorn flick, zzzzzz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ban1o said:

so Liam Neeson is clearly the twist villain right? 

I dunno. Maybe, maybe not.

Though to be fair, there were no twist villains in the original MIB-trilogy, since it’s all made clear who the villains were in those films.

The Giant cockroach (who mostly were in the Edgar-disguise) in MIB1, Serleena in MIB2 and Boris the Animal in MIB3. And they were all aliens.

Honestly, i would probably prefer if Liam Neeson’s character stayed protagonistic in this. Cause usually the main villains in the movies were specific aliens wanting to rule the universe.

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Yup. This franchise is running on the fumes of one well-liked star vehicle from 21 years ago. Sony's insistence on its resurrection is increasingly bizarre.

Men in Black 3 made over 600m worldwide in 2012. The budget was too big but it shows there is an audience. A likely cheaper movie like this can make some money likely 

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I dunno. Maybe, maybe not.

Though to be fair, there were no twist villains in the original MIB-trilogy, since it’s all made clear who the villains were in those films.

The Giant cockroach (who mostly were in the Edgar-disguise) in MIB1, Serleena in MIB2 and Boris the Animal in MIB3. And they were all aliens.

Honestly, i would probably prefer if Liam Neeson’s character stayed protagonistic in this. Cause usually the main villains in the movies were specific aliens wanting to rule the universe.

What if Liam Neeson is an alien 👽 🤔 

20 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Men in Black 3 made over 600m worldwide in 2012. The budget was too big but it shows there is an audience. A likely cheaper movie like this can make some money likely 

True. $624M WW to be exact.

I can see this (if it’s really good & enjoyable to the audience) outgross MIB2 (the lowest grosser in the original trilogy). The question is: How will China embrace this film?

First glance make it feel a bit like both are going for the Will Smith type of roles of making joke all the time, instead of the serious by the rules-less serious, less by the rules wildcard classic cop duo dynamic.

Feel like it will need to be good to work.

Honestly, looks more fun that expected - Gray usually brings a pretty good energy. One of the better 2019 blockbuster trailers in my book. Hemsworth is very good at playing off his image in a comedy, and Thompson is very good at everything.