grim22

Bob's Burgers | May 27, 2022

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean TV Show: The Movie doesn't usually draw audiences like it used to. But it's a Fox holdover in a super packed year that they're contractually obligated to release in theaters, not a lot of places to put it.

Which is why it's being pretty much dumped.

It going to be killed by the other big movies coming out about Memorial day, and the studio damn well knows this.

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

Is it just me or anybody else get the idea the studio does not have much faith in this movie?

I like the show but the day and age where a Bob’s Burgers movie could’ve lit up the Box Office was damn near over even before the pandemic. 

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean TV Show: The Movie doesn't usually draw audiences like it used to. But it's a Fox holdover in a super packed year that they're contractually obligated to release in theaters, not a lot of places to put it.

They actually aren’t. They can’t open Fox movies with streaming day-and-date BUT they can send them straight to streaming  with no theatrical like they did with ‘Woman In The Window’, and ‘Everybody’s Talking About Jamie’ (which they were only distributing like ‘Ron’s Gone Wrong’).

14 hours ago, AJG said:

They actually aren’t. They can’t open Fox movies with streaming day-and-date BUT they can send them straight to streaming  with no theatrical like they did with ‘Woman In The Window’, and ‘Everybody’s Talking About Jamie’ (which they were only distributing like ‘Ron’s Gone Wrong’).

Not even a little bit the same. Outside distributors have nothing to gain from buying Bob's Burgers The Movie when they don't have Bob's Burgers the actual tv show. This one's staying in house.

Disney is still contractually obligated to give Bob's Burgers a theatrical release, whether they want to or not.  The tagline on the poster even says "In Flippin' Theaters". I could see Disney continuing to delay the movie if the pandemic doesn't subside. Not because they're particularly invested in its success, but because they're required to give it a theatrical release and they don't want to lose money in doing so. 

The big question is, how much can we expect this movie to make from a theatrical release? 

29 minutes ago, El Squibbonator said:

Disney is still contractually obligated to give Bob's Burgers a theatrical release, whether they want to or not.  The tagline on the poster even says "In Flippin' Theaters". I could see Disney continuing to delay the movie if the pandemic doesn't subside. Not because they're particularly invested in its success, but because they're required to give it a theatrical release and they don't want to lose money in doing so. 

The big question is, how much can we expect this movie to make from a theatrical release? 

Well it's Disney's first 2D animated release in 11 years, a movie version of a TV series, and even if it moves up it's still a pandemic. Not ideal conditions. Good reviews could help it though, but thisll be bigger when it eventually goes to Hulu that it will in theaters.

Not saying this is gonna be a massive blockbuster, but I think it’s being undercooked by a lot of people. Bob’s Burgers is huge among the millennial crowd. It never got the ratings clout that Simpsons or Family Guy got, but it was a beast on streaming services. The late teens/20-30 crowd (the same one that drove Spidey to record breaking numbers, pandemic be damned) are gonna show up to this.

I don’t think it has the pedigree or pop culture impact to be something like The Simpsons Movie (which ended up being a four quadrant event based on name and pop culture prevalence alone) but I could see it doing good numbers. Beavis and Butthead Do America opening would probably adjust to $40-50m opening today, I think that’s a solid area to look at for this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AJG said:

I love the animation upgrade - similar to The Simpsons and Nickelodeon animated theatricals. It's a small pet-peeve of mine that anime movies based on shows look damn near identical to the TV version.

I think the Japanese studios when it comes to anime have a "If it ain't broke don;t fix it" policy.